“My best seafood to date ”

Restaurante Mar do Inferno
Ranked #17 of 583 Restaurants in Cascais
Price range: US$29 - US$47
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

From the amazing view overlooking the sea, to the knowledgable and warm waiter. The seafood are so so fresh and the wine selections are compatible to the menu. A must go when in Portugal. Just a 20-30 mins drive from the city centre. Place a reservation to avoid disappointment especially if you want the outdoor sea view! It’s a matter of time it should be an institution of it own!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,676)

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Kept waiting at the entrance even though there was plenty of room in the restaurant and plenty of inattentive waiters on hand. Finally shown to a table and had menus dropped on the table and starters brought which we had not asked for. Had to wait for about 10 mins before we could order drinks from an unfriendly waiter. We ordered a seafood platter - the prawns were like rubber and the mussels were not fresh. Both of the fish had been overcooked and were swimming in oil - accompanied by fairly inedible vegetables. Not cheap and not particularly good cooking.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Just come here. Run by the same family for 44 years. They now know how to cook and serve totally perfect fish and shellfish for very fair prices.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My first time there, I hope I’ll come many times again.
Very fresh seafood, many kinds.
Gentle service.
Good price for the quality
Delicious shrimps and sole, also lobsters.
We didn’t have room for dessert, we’d shares a piece of chocolate cake, very good.
If you like sunsets go there to see after lunch, it’s amazing.
Enjoy!
JCDO

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent seafood, very well cooked and served. Smiling and helpfull waiters. Various kind of fish and all fresh and delicious. One of the best seafood restaurants all over the World that I’ve been. And believe me I’ve been in too many :)