1,251 results
All reviews old palace new wing michelin star main building spa wing garden room palace rooms gardens are beautiful upgraded to a suite beautiful hotel public rooms tasting menu portuguese history old section indoor pool welcome drink luxury hotel
Reviewed 1 September 2018

The biggest problem with this place was we weren't quite expecting it - particularly the gate. Our GPS had us and another guest driving in circles because we didn't think we would need to check in at a gate before entering. From there we surrendered our keys to a valet for the duration of the stay. The grounds and gardens are impressive. The staff was very helpful, suggesting while we checked in when to see things in Coimbra and how to go about it. The breakfasts were quite nice, and the one meal we had there, roasted duck was excellent, though I thought the house white at 7 Euros a glass was overpriced. The bed was decent, the turndown service were like helpful ninjas and it was probably the quietest stay I experienced in Portugal.

The location was a good one if you want to see Coimbra. I'd stay here again, for the right price!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 September 2018

Dear Guest. Many thanks for sharing your comments about your stay .We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Best regards. Alberto Gradim - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 31 August 2018

My husband and I spent two lovely nights at this hotel. We had a garden view room in the new building and found the room to be very nice and modern.
The hotel itself is lovely, with beautiful gardens and a lovely outdoor pool which we enjoyed each day. Breakfast was excellent with a large variety of foods and good quality.
We found the staff to be outstanding and extremely helpful. We were given excellent restaurant recommendations and staff was always available to help with anything we needed.
The hotel is outside of the city but only about a 10-15 minute walk which we enjoyed doing.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 334phyllis
Management response:Responded 4 September 2018

Dear guest. Many thanks for sharing your comments about your stay .We were pleased to know that our gardens and pool, our varied breakfast, and our staff meet your expectations. We hope to see you soon again in our hotel. Yours sincerely. Alberto Gradim - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Be transported in time with the Portuguese "Romeo and Juliet" story that tragically ended on these grounds. Take a walking tour around the scenic gardens. Eat breakfast outside in the courtyard. Both the older building and the newer addition have romantic rooms, hallways filled with artwork and modern pools (inside and out). With all of the amenities one would expect an expensive rate, not so at all....very affordable!

Room Tip: traditional or modern, both are beautiful, but if you want the historic traditional rooms you need to arrive early!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 30 August 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a nice stay with us. I sincerely hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Coimbra.
Best regards
Alberto Gradim- Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I went back and forth on booking this house because I wasn't sure about it. It is fabulous -- stay here. The old part of the hotel is beautiful and charming. The new part is lovely, modern, and sleek. We had one of the spa rooms overlooking the city and it was beautiful. The pool is great fun and the gardens are amazing. We had dinner at Arcadas which was very interesting and yummy, though a limited tasting menu. The beds were the most comfortable we had in the entire two week vacation. If you can stay here when you visit Comibra, do, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: spa rooms were modern, renovated and lovely
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 30 August 2018

Dear Guest. Many thanks for sharing your comments about your stay. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the quality of our tasting menu. We hope you come back soon.
Yours sincerely
Alberto Gradim - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Excellent check in, minutes later down in their bar enjoying a light late lunch looking out onto their beautiful gardens.
Our bedroom was very comfortable and the bathroom supplied with quality towels and good water pressure - just a shame there was nowhere to put my toiletries!
Dinner was a memorable occasion, a perfectly balanced tasting menu, excellent service and delicious food and wine.
The hotel itself is charming, I felt like I was staying at a private house making my way to our room up and down various stairs and landings. The only reason I have given "Average" for "Sleep Quality" is I found the fountain near my window to be rather irritating - and I do like to sleep with the window open.
Breakfast was good too, rather a shame it was too chilly to enjoy sitting on their terrace surrounded by the garden. Would happily stay here again should we revisit Coimbra.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple