“Amazing experience”

Kame Sushi Bar
Reserve a table
Ranked #32 of 651 Restaurants in Portimao
Reviewed 4 November 2022 via mobile

Excellent food, fantastic tastes and variety of sushi! A must-to attend when visiting Portimão! Will definitely come back again!

Date of visit: November 2022
2  Thank Skyfall_Ferragudo_1

Reviewed 20 September 2022

We had a great experience! The food was delicious, the service was fast, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful!

Date of visit: September 2022
2  Thank Adventure156239
Reviewed 17 August 2022

The poke bowl was one of the best I've ever had. The sushi was excellent, and this coming from a sushi snob who used to live in Japan. The service was exceptional. Our 4 year old had a melt down and the staff calmed her down with a candy and some paper and a pen to draw on. Our waiter was kind and just the right amount of attentive. The rooftop seating is enclosed and a very nice space. I highly recommend a visit when you are in Portimao.

1  Thank DanielL3058
Reviewed 16 August 2022 via mobile

Nice looking sushi bar in Praia da Rocha.
Two main issues with my experience :
1) quality /price ratio is completely unbalanced for the quality of food served, even more if you consider the context of the region. I have spent less in more quality sushi restaurant across Portugal, Spain and Italy. For the price range they chose I was expecting something more elaborated, probably cos it's a touristic place.
Usually when I spend like I did there (or even more) the overall experience (including the service) is way more justified.
2) the service : absolutely non existent and too slow (and I wasn't in hurry). Mostly junior waiters that seems to have no experience in those kind of restaurants.

I usually don't do negative reviews but I'm doing it this time hoping it could help others from being deceived like I was when I booked there after reading the reviews.
Hope this could be a constructive feedback also for the restaurant itself and its staff.

1  Thank mx_pl
Reviewed 12 August 2022 via mobile

Family meal for 3. Lousy app idea of downloading the menu. Confusing and slow. Prices not at all clear.

Asked the waitress to recommend a few dishes. €32 euros for two tiny wagu beef rolls.

Overall service good.

But it’s 2022. I’ve eaten equally good sushi elsewhere for a third of the price. I’ve eaten sushi all around the world. This was good, nothing more.

220 euros for three people (two children and one adult) is extortionate.

It was good but not that good. I wouldn’t go back.