“Lovely food”

Ranked #96 of 454 Restaurants in Lagos
Price range: US$3 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: It's design is contemporary and rustic with soft lighting creating a relaxing atmosphere where you can't help but unwind especially when the sliding doors are opened to make you feel part of the marina atmosphere or enjoy the sunshine in our outside terrace providing comfortable and relaxing chairs. Famous Happy hour between 12 to 2.30 & 5.30 To 6.30 Every lunch and dinner with an extensive happy hour menu of pizza and Pasta from only 4.99 Euros. Full a la carte menu available at those times aswell open all day Full Sunday lunch menu every Sunday 3 courses for 15.95 Euros. Plus free live entertainment from Jackson Rivers a multi talented musician and singer ex glitter band , Marvin Gaye, Peter Gabrial and Joan armatrading. Come and experience one of the best dining experiences with the best views across the award winning marina towards the town.
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Visited with 5 friends the day we arrived in Lagos. We needed somewhere serving food quite late which we found tricky until we found Portofinos - the food was so lovely. I had the lasagne which was the nicest restaurant lasagne I've had (nothing beats my mums usually but this came close!). Our waiter and all the staff were so friendly too. Thanks for a lovely meal!

1  Thank C4Lesley
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 9 July 2017

.... the worst "Italian" experince ever. The place is a true tourist trap that oversell and underdeliver as they can pick and choose between a steady flow of customers visiting Lagos. We were placed at a much too small table, rushed through a dinner completed in about 1h20min including starters, mains, desserts and coffee.

Food was totally bland, and service much below standard. For example we were served a so-called bread basket with four pieces of soft tasteless bread being five at the table. Charcuterie was cold and salami still sticking together from the packaging - nothing made at the premises. Mains totally average - with a soggy thin crust pizza that was not half-way eaten probably as the low point.

So my advise is not to go there, it's a genuine tourist place at the marina with profit and not the customers in focus.

There are so many other good choices in Lagos, just go there instead.
And if you are in the marina, are hungry and do want to look around I would expect that the next door Chinese joint is remarkably better than the Portofino.

4  Thank time2goout
Reviewed 9 July 2017

This beautiful restaurant on the upper level of the marine parade in Lagos, served fantastic, top-quality food.
A starter of melt-in-your-mouth chicken livers, followed by Smoked Chicken Risotto was truly amazing. Served with a delicious Pinot Grigio, I don't think I've enjoyed a meal so much in a very long time.
The staff will assist the indecisive and make suggestions on food and wine, and are lovely and friendly.
A word of advice though - make a reservation! This is a really popular venue, and they turn people away constantly because they are full.
A return visit is a must the next time we are in Lagos.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

My wife asked me where I would like to celebrate my birthday. I had enjoyed great meals in the past at Portofino's, so that's where she took me!
As always, the service was great. They are always busy and it can be difficult to get a table. However, as busy as they were, they still took time to sing me happy birthday, (much to my embarrassment) As for the food. Well.. I decided that's where I wanted to spend my 60th so hopefully that says it all. Thank you Portofino's!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We visited Portofinos on our first night out in Lagos after a recommendation from our taxi driver. The restaurant is right in the heart of the marina and is lovely. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The food was delicious and we very much enjoyed the visit. I would say this was the most expensive restaurant we visited during our holiday but it is in a prime setting and the worth paying the premium for that.

1  Thank Biggiffo