“wow hotel”

Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Lagos
London, United Kingdom
“wow hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I picked it up on line really cheaply but I think this is because its new .It undoubtedly will go up in price as it as the wow factor. We also dropped on with the transfers claiming a free gift when we booked and getting a really good rate we used yellow fish transfers com we thought we would stay with the yellow theme , they were very good and on time the a/c worked too ,as all the cabs we caught locally had no a/c.

The beach is on your doorstep and is immense and lovely has a selection of restaurants.

It’s a little walk to town about 20 mins or so but fine .The town is lovely and quaint with some lovely bars and shops . it has a nightlife but not a crazy one just enough .

The hotel is very modern and has all the mod cons ,lovely rooms and the hotel facilities are top notch .The only meal we had was breakfast and set us up for the day .

We hope to go again if we can get another cheap deal because it’s a real treat…

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank veronica w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We had over a week stay in Lagos recently and were highly impressed by Yellow Lagos Hotel. The architecture, and interior designs of this hotel is exquisite. Clean lines, outstanding tastes and very modern. We were further impressed by the warm hospitality of the entire team working in this property. Having been a hotelier myself, I can help using my highly trained eyes to assess the hotel's team for service standards. My verdict : Bravo!!! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank LK K
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Truly a lovely hotel, very modern and clean. Unfortunately the service is pretty poor, the staff continually passing requests on from person to person and promising but never managing to get back to us. T

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mebooandbeags
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at the new Yellow Hotel in Lagos Portugal at the beginning of November 2011. Our 4 day trip was to visit family a short drive away and we literally wanted somewhere to sleep.

First impressions of the hotel (when we eventually found it) was wow. If you like minimalist glass structures with funky mood lighting then you'll love it. Be mindful that this hotel is nowhere near any local amenities. You'll need a car and the town centre of Lagos is a 10 minute drive. Interesting fact: you need to go around 11 roundabouts from the turn off at Lagos to get to the hotel so I didn't find it easy to find.

We had opted for a beach front room and the view was fantastic. If you opt for the suite with the plunge pool, be mindful that there is a floor above you and rooms such as ours looked down on them. This is not a beach front hotel, you cannot access it from the hotel. There is a light railway that runs in front of the hotel and there are only selected access points to the beach. Although we didn't walk on the beach, I would estimate it would be a 5-10 minute walk away.

The make up of the room was modern chic and the bath sits within the bedroom itself. No complaints about the room itself. If I had to come up with something then I would say the bath was very narrow.

We only ate breakfast at the hotel as we had arrangements elsewhere. Breakfast offered a good selection despite the hotel being almost empty. We saw 3 other guests the whole time we were there. We didn't eat any other meals there.

The only issue we experienced at the hotel (which was quite critical to me) related to the free WIFI in the rooms. I had specifically checked that this was working before booking as I needed to work whilst staying in the hotel and was assured this would be fine. I was delighted when connecting up in the room to find WIFI with all 5 bars of signal. Unfortunately the router wasn't connected to the network so there was no internet available from the room for 2 days. It worked fine elsewhere in the hotel.

The hotel offered me alternative rooms with internet working however the view and positioning was considerable worse than what we have (apart from offering me the room next door that had the same internet problem).

The technical people did come to the room and got the internet working however that was short lived. 10 minutes later the internet dropped out and they couldn't fix it. Reception were hugely apologetic for the problems experienced (they did know how important this was to me) and told me they would arrange for the hotel manager to call me to determine what else they could do.

Unfortunately and despite various emails from the reception staff to the General Manager, Mr Rolf Kettmann he chose not to contact me during my stay. Perhaps he was overly busy dealing with more pressing issues with the hotel's other 3 guests staying at the hotel. He did eventually reply to an email I sent him from my blackberry in the room but only 2 days after I had left the hotel and returned to the UK.

He informed me that the internet worked fine and there must have been a problem with my laptop, ipad and phone. The only advice their technical people gave me was to reboot my machine but became perplexed when that didn't help and were astonished when it worked fine elsewhere in the hotel.

There was nothing the General Manager was prepared to do in order to make amends and simply preferred to walk away from the problem experienced leaving the front of staff to look embarrassed and apologetic whenever I walked past.

To Summarise, the hotel is beautiful and hopefully it will do well. It's room rate is expensive and personally I believe there are better options along the coast. I read about poor customer services from previous guests before I arrives however other than from the general manager, I didn't have any real complaints.

The general manager will be the person who determines whether this hotel is a success or not. Personally, his attitude and inability to resolve a simple matter (i.e. move us to a room of equal or better quality with internet access) may mean that he doesn't possess the attributes to make it a success. In my experience, he certainly didn't appear to have any motivation or desire to sort out a small problem.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank sim0ngee
Chepstow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Exceptionally clean and new hotel. Almost empty during our stay in november. Staff were attentive and pleasant. Facilities are very good particularly the sauna and indoor pool.

Room Tip: sea facing are very good with a view of Lagos