Lowest prices for your stay
US$139
Hotels.comUS$147
PricelineUS$154
travelup.comUS$157
2,286 results
All reviews pool area old town modern hotel deluxe room free safe minute walk excellent hotel sea view bars and restaurants roof terrace mini bar reception staff taxi rank buffet style strip sunbeds euros
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2021 via mobile

Really wasn’t impressed with my stay at this hotel, it wasn’t up to four star standards.

Restaurant:
- We booked a room that came with breakfast, unfortunately the latter was a bit of a shambles. It was a necessity to pre book your breakfast table the day before - I didn’t find this convenient as when on holiday I like to eat spontaneously however appreciated it could have been due to covid etc. However even with this, had to wait 5-10 minutes to get a table after arriving at time slot, and 5 minutes before that standing in a queue to get in altogether. Not good. Breakfast is served on saucers and not normal sized plates, so if you are having a fry etc, it’s served between 3 plates - table was extremely crammed. We ate here the first three mornings and then went out and bought breakfast elsewhere the rest of the week.

Room:
- Pillows uncomfortable, seemed as if they were filled with air so quite thick/bulky, all the pillows the same so no other option, I slept with no pillow.

- Vanity mirror in bathroom didn’t work.

- Dusty furniture in balcony. Balcony itself is pretty small, 2 single chairs and small table crammed in.

- No plug socket beside mirror, need to turn fridge off if you want to use hair appliances etc. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom however very dated and not powerful enough.

Pool :
- Outdoor pool is pretty small given the number of rooms. Only 20 or so loungers can fit around the pool so at times had to set up on the grass which is beside the restaurant with people are eating (and this is likely with reduced numbers due to covid…). There is a kids pool even though it is adults only, would make more sense be to extend the main pool so all guests can enjoy it. Also, smoking is permitted around the pool? Not nice to be around as a non smoker.

Pool Bar:
- Food is really tasty. However it doesn’t open until 11am which I found pretty late, if you want a bottle of water while sunbathing in the morning you need to walk to the shop on the main street.

Staff:
- Generally the staff were ok. But one women within reception was quite rude to us, my partner didn’t have a mask on (one of the ears had snapped and we were on our way out to buy another), before we could explain this she had snapped that we should try to have a mask - clearly this is always the case but naturally they can break.

Hotel:
- Hand sanitisers on our floor not refilled for days, luckily we had our own but this is poor given the covid situation.

Overall, I didn’t find this hotel to be 4 star quality, more likely 3 star. I wouldn’t stay again.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

The staff are amazing and always happy to help. I give them 10/10.

The design title does not match all of the facilities. It’s a good hotel however it needs to separate itself from the apartments as it’s difficult to see the line between the two businesses operating from the same space.

The restaurant is only serving breakfast and if you like a varied hot option this is not for you. It’s the same basic choices every day. The coffee is from an old vendor machine. Whereas in the rooms you have nespresso so unsure why they can’t offer a drip coffee. It’s also not open for lunch or dinner. I can’t imagine it does the food advertised even if it were open.

The minibar was stocked on day 1 with 5 items but then never restocked. Difficult if you want water for the machines.

The beach is not private to the hotel but shared with anyone that knows it and other hotels. No exclusivity.

The pool is medium sized and not heated. The beds fill fast and this is where I question if the apartments are allowed to use it. No bar or places to buy drinks near the pool.

I think this hotel could be truly 4 star with a few tweaks it’s nearly there. I guess covid through it off it’s journey. Currently it’s offer is a room and breakfast and this is where I feel booking.com is allowing false advertising!! My advice call and check all facilities are open before booking as they do not partial refund.

The guests are a mixed bunch. Groups of young lads or elderly aged couples. I guess again it’s the advertising of adult only and design hotel that is confusing.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel from the 19th to 26th October.
Room was very spacious and clean. I stayed in 429 which is on the 4th floor and has sea view.
Best thing about this hotel is the service provided by the staff. It’s A class!. From the reception desk to the staff in the restaurant.
I will highly recommend this hotel and will be back anytime I’m in Albufeira.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Ben A
Reviewed 16 October 2020

We didnt actually book this hotel but moved from the Velamar as they are the same chain. Hotel is trying really hard with all the Covid measures, hand sanitiser at the lifts and breakfast served to you still buffet style, however you do need to book this in advance.Reception staff very helpful and cheery. Room was facing the car park which was fine to us but if want a view try asking for a pool view. We didnt use the pool or grounds but did look nice.The hotel is walking distance to lots of bars and tourist restaurants.A nice touch from the hotel was a birthday cake in the room and a voucher for a drink at the bar, however didnt use the voucher as never anyone in the bar.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2020 via mobile

From check-in all the staff were friendly and professional with all covid measures in place. The room was excellent with safe, kettle, tea/coffee, water and mini bar. Rooms were clean and cleaned daily. I would recommend and stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2020