Super setting beside the sea & fine cliffs BUT seriously dangerous stone stairs with no hand railings & far too low parapets on upstairs areas & some internal stairs with deep stone drops. The bar/dining room is largely devoid of character & the dinner menu is at best unusual - only the prices indicate what are starters & what are main courses. The village itself is quite uninteresting & in my view 2 nights is the maximum one should contemplate staying at this location or hotel. All of that said our visit to the "Deep Mani" area was interesting, most of the scenery is spectacular & all helped by having read Paddy Leigh Fermor's book on the area: "Mani".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mani, in the southern Peloponnese, is one of the most unique regions in Greece known for its wild, rugged beauty, the customs of its people and its heritage. The Kyrimai Hotel represents an exquisite renovation of the old trade centre of Mani built in 1870. The result is an awesome rendering of period architecture, complete with a complex of stairways, arches and inner courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kyrimai Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kyrimai Hotel Gerolimenas
- Kyrimai Hotel Peloponnese