“Nice Dinner”

In 't Klein Stadhuis
Ranked #11 of 131 Restaurants in Ieper (Ypres)
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: You will discover a brasserie where cosiness is the key word in this typical historical building. Pop in for a nice meal and taste the regional beers!- Tourism Ypres -
Reviewed 2 December 2017

We enjoyed our meal at In't Klein Stadhuis. Its a busy restaurant (suggest you book) with a great atmosphere. The food was lovely although I would suggest that you share any appetisers you might order as the portion of salami & spring rolls we were presented with were huge !

We ordered a mix of steaks, fish pie and the flemish stew and the food was lovely. We didn't have any room for dessert but did manage a couple of bottles of their Tempranillo. Along with water and some soft drinks the bills came to 198 Euros so not cheap but plenty of food ! Good service from the team and in particular Benaming.

The restaurant is located in the main square and about a 5 mins walk from the Menin Gate.

An enjoyable dinner.

1  Thank TheBurgers
Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Had an excellent meal here after the Last Post. Three in our party, two steaks and a Flemish stew, all very good indeed. This is quite a large restaurant but on many levels so it feels welcoming and cozy, its in a beautiful building right next to the Cloth Hall tucked into a corner of the big square. Great and wide range of beers, not a large menu but all the dishes we had were very good, good wine list and friendly, cheerful service. Recommended.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Visited here with a group of 8. Large restaurant on various levels but keeps a quite intimate feel to it. Not sure I would want to be in the top layer though. Everything fine. Service good.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Many restaurants are not open on Sunday or Monday evenings. This one is. We managed to get a table for 2 after 8pm without booking but I think you would normally need a reservation. Considering its popularity, and other people's reviews, it was not good as we were expecting.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I was able to make a reservation at In 't Klein Stadhuis a few hours before the Last Post ceremony at the Menin Gate. When I arrived, it looked as though I may not have needed one, but it filled up very quickly after I arrived.

The menu is in full English, so no need to translate.I ordered the steak with garlic butter sauce and it was cooked quite well. I wasn't expecting unmelted butter on the steak itself, but it worked. I had the Tiramisu for desert, and it looked like no other tiramisu I'd ever had. The server was very pleasant and spoke perfect English.

I'd recommend this restaurant, for sure.