“I have had better in Ieper”
Review of Petrus

Petrus
Ranked #17 of 134 Restaurants in Ieper (Ypres)
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I chose this restaurant because most places were closed ( Monday)
I ate the Vlaamse Carbonade, stewed beef.
Too much fat in the beef, chips were good and very good beer, Petrus Brown.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Because one of our small group wanted to sit outside my meal was spoiled by a heavy chain smoker.....French cigarettes are particularly maloderous. Yes I know we were in Belgium but they were definitely Galloise. The service was a bit slow but my portion of Belgian stew was very generous. The stew was just steak chunks in beer gravy could have used a few vegetables..

Reviewed 10 June 2018

On a warm night, eating here is great, outdoor in the main square.
Food is great, service "speedy" but prices a bit OTT to reflect where the restaurant is. Good place to eat.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on our first night in Ypres. ...it was so wonderful we returned every evening of our stay .
The restaurant was cosy, warm,comfortable and had tastefull decor.
The Staff were really friendly and helpful and always cheerful and smiling.
The food was really excellent, very delicious .
And the liqueur coffee was to die for ...the absolute best I have ever had anywhere ..skilfully made and served by the delightful Simon :)
No hesitation in recommending this restaurant it was amazing.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

After a long driving I needed coffee urgently therefore I chose this restaurant as a very first place to see in Ypres and it was a good choice. Their coffee is excellent and together with yummy waffles it was a great start of my holiday.