“We ate here whilst waiting for the service to start at Menin Gate”
Review of Petrus

Petrus
Ranked #17 of 131 Restaurants in Ieper (Ypres)
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Because one of our small group wanted to sit outside my meal was spoiled by a heavy chain smoker.....French cigarettes are particularly maloderous. Yes I know we were in Belgium but they were definitely Galloise. The service was a bit slow but my portion of Belgian stew was very generous. The stew was just steak chunks in beer gravy could have used a few vegetables..

Reviewed 10 June 2018

On a warm night, eating here is great, outdoor in the main square.
Food is great, service "speedy" but prices a bit OTT to reflect where the restaurant is. Good place to eat.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on our first night in Ypres. ...it was so wonderful we returned every evening of our stay .
The restaurant was cosy, warm,comfortable and had tastefull decor.
The Staff were really friendly and helpful and always cheerful and smiling.
The food was really excellent, very delicious .
And the liqueur coffee was to die for ...the absolute best I have ever had anywhere ..skilfully made and served by the delightful Simon :)
No hesitation in recommending this restaurant it was amazing.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

After a long driving I needed coffee urgently therefore I chose this restaurant as a very first place to see in Ypres and it was a good choice. Their coffee is excellent and together with yummy waffles it was a great start of my holiday.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Visited again and was not disappointed - the food is great . I had onion soup which was divine and husband had a beautiful omelette. Well cooked and tasty. We have had four meals here and every one has been really good. Staff are friendly and helpful too