“Great coffee and waffles”
Review of Petrus

Petrus
Ranked #17 of 131 Restaurants in Ieper (Ypres)
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2018

After a long driving I needed coffee urgently therefore I chose this restaurant as a very first place to see in Ypres and it was a good choice. Their coffee is excellent and together with yummy waffles it was a great start of my holiday.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Visited again and was not disappointed - the food is great . I had onion soup which was divine and husband had a beautiful omelette. Well cooked and tasty. We have had four meals here and every one has been really good. Staff are friendly and helpful too

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Our party of 5 had different dishes (carbonades, pasta, croquettes). All were excellent. Service was friendly and quick. Location was perfect: enjoying the view of the market from the patio.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent food. Extremely friendly waiters. We went for four nights consecutively as the food was so tasty. Big portions...lovely beer...and Simon makes the best liquor coffee I have ever tasted. A great place to eat.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I had researched places to eat before arriving in Ypres and this restaurant had been put on my list. However, even though it is on the main square (Grote Markt) its sign is hidden by parasols and canopies so it was overlooked. We booked in Vivaldi but walked out after waiting 25 minutes for our order to be taken. Another walk around the square found us sitting in the outside area of Petrus.

It had been a gloriously sunny day but started to rain while we viewed the menu and the waiter offered us a table inside. What a difference in customer service from the place we'd just left!

I ordered pork loin which came with mixed vegetables and chips and hubby had a steak which also came with chips and salad, done to perfection and just right sized portions.

Definitely worth a visit - if you can find it beneath the outdoor furniture.