“Food very nice in very pleasant restaurant”
Review of De Fonderie

De Fonderie
Ranked #19 of 129 Restaurants in Ieper (Ypres)
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Service was very good as was the food (I had stingray and my wife had sole). The drinks were reasonably priced. The ambience of the restaurant is also very good. It's a nice restaurant for a special night out. Recommended.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

This neighbourhood restaurant is absolutely top notch and a true 'hidden gem', well away from the busy touristy Grote Markt in the centre of Ypres. Great serving staff, a wonderful menu and food to just enjoy at its finest.

We sat on the beautiful sunny terrace at the rear and were in raptures all evening. Local Wit beer followed by a seafood soup and carpaccio starter. Dover sole and exquisite moules in white wine for mains. The waitresses were intelligent and helpful. The owner interested in his guests. There was a gentle murmur of contentment from the diners all evening, creating a very relaxed atmosphere.

All-in-all an absolute pleasure and one of the best dining experiences I've had for a long time. Not overly fancy; just excellent quality, beautiful environment and flawless service.

2  Thank Robsski
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Have dined here several times - never disappointed and always a warm welcome from Xavier (owner/head waiter). The food is always first class, possible towards the expensive end of the spectrum but worth that little bit extra.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Lovely atmosphere, great food, good wine selection, friendly service - I highly recommend this restaurant. I was given an appetiser of asparagus panna cota, asparagus soup and something else (I can't remember what it was), which was absolutely delicious. For my starter course, I ordered goose liver which was exquisite, and I had a generous portion of chicken vol au vent with chips for my main course, which was delicious. I did find the starter very expensive - almost as much as my main meal - however this seems to be the norm in Brugge. This was my first meal of my holiday, having only just arrived in the country and never having visited before, and as I had more meals during the week, I noticed that the starters were almost the same price as the main meal, with the puddings priced the same as you'd see in Wales at around £5 - £6. I'm so glad I found this place and highly recommend it to others. If I'm ever in Ypres again, I will most definitely be coming back here. I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

This was a lovely meal with a very friendly host.Dishes were creative and very tasty.Huge portions! The croquette starters were excellent and everything was beautifully presented.
Lively atmosphere - a thoroughly enjoyable evenibg