“Indoors - outdoors”
Review of De Trompet

De Trompet
Ranked #21 of 134 Restaurants in Ieper (Ypres)
Price range: US$16 - US$55
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018

A most convenient location in Market Square serving a great seafood platter, good wine and with friendly service.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Visited here with a group of 8. Service excellent and host was very good. I had a superb and huge ribeye steak, so big I had to share with my son. Great food. Nice local beers. excellent atmosphere

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We were looking for some good hot food after getting a absolute soaking. We came across DeTrompet which looked quite busy.
There was a couple of empty tables and there was quite a lot of locals in the restaurant which is always a good sign.
The place had a good atmosphere and was nice and cosy.
We orderd our food which was served quickly by a lovely waitress and by the way was delicious and well priced.
Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank catkel214
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I had already had a quick look on TripAdviser for some advice and noticed this place had decent reviews.
We have a new puppy so needed to sit out side and The Trumpet had a good place for the dog so we entered.
We were not disapoointed!
The terrace was warm and well heated in the rain. Drinks order was taken quickly and the people around us were also warm and chatty. We chatted with old soldiers and young families alike.
We ordered 2 entrecote and it was delicious, lovely fries and separate a good salad.
Waitress was friendly and efficient.
For such a touristic place I was happy with our choice.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

A very good restuarant with attentive staff. Food was cooked to its normal high standard. I looked at the tables either side of me and there food seemed very good as well.