“Excellent”

Price range: US$29 - US$117
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2018

So food in Belgium surpasses France. Bruges is a great getaway and there are many Michelin starred places to eat. In brief the turbot with mousseline was fantastic so to the Muscat wine from Alto Adige ( a very interesting wine list that includes wine from Cornwall-Carmel valley). Service great and a local vibe. Make sure to book. This is not a cliche restaurant. It is inventive, with passionate staff and outstanding menus. If you are on a budget try their lunch menu.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Loved the fresh tasteful ingredients. We were surprised by the wonderful flavor combinations.
What a great friendly and profecional staff. We felt immediately at home!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

After reading the great reviews my wife and I decided upon Rock Fort for dinner. Things got off to s good start when we were able to get a table without having a reservation. The restaurant itself is very clean with a nice feel to it, quite intimate.

The bread and nibbles were great and drinks came quickly and were also very nice. My wife ordered the monkfish and I ordered the beef. The monkfish was really nice and my wife really enjoyed it however the beef was about the worst that I have had at any price. Firstly it was 40% fat and not just around the edges but throughout the meat. Secondly it was not tender, the whole point of having a high fat content is to make the meat succulent, tender and to enhance the flavour. It did taste good but was pretty much inedible, really chewy and fully of gristle. When I asked the waiter/manager about it he said it was normal and may have been down to the way I had it cooked (medium) but that is not a good excuse. In the end he did not charge for a glass of wine but I would rather have paid for my wine which was lovely and not paid €35 for the beef which I could not eat. Disappointing food is one thing but the response from the restaurant to it was unacceptable.

Such a shame as aside from the poor beef, it would have been a perfect evening.

1  Thank scol2000
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Good restaurant serving fresh seafood & shellfish and good wines in a smart, clean environment. Set menu available. Budget 40€ to 50€ per person.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

My fiancée and I are self proclaimed “foodies” and after speaking to a few locals on our mini break to Bruges, we followed recommendations to try Rock Fort. The food was amazing as was the service. We tried the Eel, steak, duck and Spanish rice and there wasn’t one thing we would have changed. If you’re ever in Bruges, make a call or book online for truly the best in fine dining.