“Best dinner I’ve ever had”
Review of Hashtag Food

Hashtag Food
Reserve with
Hashtag Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 797 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: #food is not just a restaurant. We don't serve classic kitchen, we don't serve fast food; we love to make your tummies happy with healthy comfortfood! Are you a meatlover, then you're welcome to taste our juicy burgers or hearty lasagnas. If you like swimming more, we'd love to take you away in our steamed packs or fresh burgers. You have a heart for nature? Vegan dishes are standard on our menu, so you'll have lots of choices. Psst: all our desserts are vegan and really delicious. We love to give you all information about allergenes and it's clearly indicated in our menu. Don't judge the book by its cover and give us a try: you'll be amazed :) See you soon!
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I booked #food on the recommendation of @trudi_brugesvegan, who runs the excellent blog brugesvegan.com.
The restaurant is located just outside the historic old town of Brugge/Bruges in a new venue with only eight or nine tables. This gives it a lovely, cosy feel and means the server is never too busy to attend to your needs.
We were really impressed with the menu, all the starters and desserts were vegan, and the choice of vegan main courses was amazing. In a rare example of how much vegan food has come to the fore, there were several vegan main dishes on offer, but only one each of chicken, fish and beef. Hopefully the point of this is to give meat-eaters the same experience us vegans get in just about every other place we visit…
We decided to share the Big Cheese tapas to start. This consisted of four vegan cheeses in different flavours and presentations. The chef brought the plate to our table and gave us a description of each item. My favourites were the cashew nut paste with liquid smoke and the blue cheese flavoured coconut, which tasted like actual blue cheese. We were very impressed already.

For main course, we both went for Iron Sky, which was essentially a beetroot burger with salad. However, that description does the dish absolutely no justice at all. The plate arrived as what I can only describe it as a work of art - the burger and bun placed to the right of the plate, the salad and vegetables designed exquisitely around the lower half of the plate and a sky of sauces arranged on the top half. I hope the photo gives a little more insight into this wonderful presentation. It seemed a shame to eat this wonderful creation, and I’m pleased to say the taste matched the presentation. The burger was delicious and the variety of vegetables were an excellent accompaniment.

For dessert, I chose the strawberry surprise and my wife went for the sweet potato pie. The strawberry surprise was three different strawberry flavoured desserts, a strawberry and blueberry mousse, a frozen ice lolly, and one in a panna cotta style. The sweet potato pie was vegan chocolate and caramel and both dishes were delicious.

The cost of the meal, including drinks, was around €95, which we felt was good value considering the location, atmosphere and food.
Overall we were really impressed with #food. The food presentation was amazing and the flavours were perfect. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any vegans visiting Brugge/Bruges, in fact anyone visiting, not just vegans.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant based on the excellent reviews here on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. The restaurant is a bit outside the usual tourist streets, but this makes it even more special. Inside the atmosphere is intimate and warm.
We had the surprise menu “nothing really matters”. The famous Madonna twist wasn’t unnoticed.
For every course we both got different dishes which we never experienced before but which is actually a brilliant idea. We could taste both dishes and we had a lovely dinner sharing taste and experiences. Look at the pictures; it’s like art.
Btw, the deserts are made without sugar :-) We couldn’t believe it cause they were delicious.
Dave & Emmanuel are doing a great job. It is pretty amazing they manage everything just together. Both the service and the cooking were great. Compliments!
Best regards.
Michael & Roman

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This restaurant is a bit outside the tourist center, which makes it the perfect hotspot for people that look for something different.
The restaurant always serves a daily lunch as well as à la carte menu option. They cater for vegans as meat and fish lovers, but I think their main focus is plantbased food. They manage to make every plate a little work of art.
I would recommend this even only for the olives you get as appetizer and the little chocomousse they serve with coffee. Best thing ever!
If you don't have time to spend a lot of time in the resaurant, they have a machine outside the door that offers fresh, mainly plantbased meals and juices; think about vegan lasagne, olive tapanade, yoghurt with granola, as wel as fresh juices, iced teas and lemonades.

2  Thank AmissaV2
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Visited here at the weekend, it is one of the nicest restaurants I’ve eaten in, the owners were so friendly and welcoming, the decor is really cool and the food is amazing! Beautifully presented and delicious! I had the vegan cheese board and my partner had a tomato summer salad, both so so good! Amazed to find a vegan cheese board anywhere so it made me very happy! Great beer too! Would definitely visit again if I’m ever in Bruges!

2  Thank jenfer9
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Loved the menu, lots of unique choices. I had pumpkin lasagna which was especially yummy. Very friendly staff. Wasn’t located in the historical area we stayed so we had to take the bus but worth the trip.

1  Thank Katie S