“Fantastic evening, different in a very good way!”
Review of Hashtag Food

Hashtag Food
Reserve with
Hashtag Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 796 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: #food is not just a restaurant. We don't serve classic kitchen, we don't serve fast food; we love to make your tummies happy with healthy comfortfood! Are you a meatlover, then you're welcome to taste our juicy burgers or hearty lasagnas. If you like swimming more, we'd love to take you away in our steamed packs or fresh burgers. You have a heart for nature? Vegan dishes are standard on our menu, so you'll have lots of choices. Psst: all our desserts are vegan and really delicious. We love to give you all information about allergenes and it's clearly indicated in our menu. Don't judge the book by its cover and give us a try: you'll be amazed :) See you soon!
Reviewed 28 February 2018

I have visited this restaurant a very long time ago, at the previous address in Bruges so now it was time to go back and see what everybody is talking about lately. When we parked (in the front), we were drawn inside by the welcoming gold-ish glow oozing through the massive front window.
We were seated at the big table in the front part of the restaurant and it felt very cosy. The chairs might have a part in that!

After Duvel, Cocktails and starters, we got our main course (rabbit for me) and I had to agree with the three companions that this was so beautiful and inviting (to say the least). All plates looked so different, no two salads alike (as in many other restaurants).
One of the nice things in my humble opinion is that you get to know the two fantastic hosts in person as Emmanuel takes the orders and makes you feel at home whilst serving superfresh cocktails and drinks. Then when it is time to eat, the plates are brought to the table by the Chef Dave himself. You get to know every little piece of ingredient on your plate, and I promise you, there are things you have never heard off.

And to finish. If you think you had healthy chocolate pie before? Try the one listed instead. A M A Z I N G.

Quite clear that we are going back!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank pj_vrschv

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We had a really lovely dinner here. Cool atmosphere, really interesting menu, very friendly service. My husband had the meat lasagne and said it was the best he had ever had. I had the pumpkin lasagne which was delicious. There are good vegan/veggie options. All the puddings are vegan and very interesting, I was really excited to try aquafaba meringues for the first time. So glad we made the 30 minute walk in the rain to get to this gem!

Be warned in advance, they don't accept credit cards.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I went to the old location at least 4 times and the entire experience was just fantastic. The food is amazing and the vegan burgers the best I've ever tasted. They both have an eye for presentation, politeness, and service.
All-in-all the best food experience, you'll have in Bruges!!!!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Vi A
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

My partner and I ate lunch here yesterday and I’m so glad that we decided to try something other than the traditional Belgian cuisine whilst on holiday here. The restaurant is modern in style, but still welcoming and friendly.

The restaurant does a great selection of vegan and vegetarian dishes, but also serves meat focused offerings including the rabbit stew, which was delicious and an innovative spin on a more traditional dish. My partner ordered the pumpkin lasagne, which was flavoursome and well cooked. The homemade juice I ordered was zesty and full of flavour.

We were served by Emmanuel, who was friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and a total delight.

The complimentary vegan, raspberry biscuits served with the bill were delicious and a lovely touch!

Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fresh and fun approach to good quality ingredients.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Janine4321
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

A few days in Bruges and we found ourselves heading to Hashtag Food on Thursday evening; they were fully booked, but, thankfully, on the way out we said, "Why not book for tomorrow?" Boy, were we glad we did!
After being seated on the al fresco upper deck, a brief perusal of the menu led to a growing wonder as to what to choose. Our first choice, Lasagne (chicken, light curry sauce, pineapple and soft curry sauce), was sold out, so we went for the Vegan Burger (Iron Sky) and the Bugaboo Burger (with meal worms and grasshoppers).
The plates arrived covered in an explosion of colour. The most interesting and exciting salads you could imagine, light burger buns, wonderful hummus and other sauces and relishes, and two delicious burgers.
Far and away our best meal in Bruges, and a restaurant run by a warm and welcoming couple who clearly care for their food, its preparation, and their customers.
Highly and hugely recommended.
Neil and Stephen, Manchester