All reviews't zand squarecentral hotelcontinental breakfastpastrieswould stay againtrain stationlarge roombudget hotelbeautiful citysubterranean
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We arrived at Bruges around 11 am and stop by this hotel to check our booking. The guy at the reception just said come back at 14:30 then we asked at least if he could check our booking, he said no need. Then we told him that we would be back late at night and he said it is ok (he was eating something and not sure if he even listened to us). Then we left the hotel and walked around the city as we planned.

Around 9 pm we received a phone, the receptionist was calling and he said that he would be canceling our booking and giving our room to someone else if we were not present at the hotel in half an hour. We interrupted our plan and rushed back to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel we reminded him our talk in the morning and he denied his statements and made some untrue claims such as he told us to come "at 19:30" and he said that they have rules and their check-in time is between 14:30-19:30. Finally, he told that the room booked to us was broken and he sent us to another hotel. In conclusion, the staff was very rude and unethical. He ruined our evening in our vacation. Stay away from this hotel!

Room Tip: Rude staff
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Işıl K
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I was on the top floor of the lace hotel and it is lovely and clean and tidy. Private bathroom and a view of construction at the moment which woke me up this morning. The staff are friendly and all speak English, really helpful and the hotel is close to pretty much everything. Unfortunately you're next a line of busy pubs so it was noisy in the evening but it wasn't too bad. I'd really recommend it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2018

The strange fibre glass pod style toilet/wet room is so out of date these days, so small, irritating shower curtain. The sink was cracked and showing its age. The taps didn't fit the sink unit properly. No soap in the soap dispenser ! Doors didn't instil confidence. The whole place was in serious need of renovation. Couldn't have breakfast in the hotel due to ongoing works.

Great location for station, parking,town.Very friendly/helpful staff

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

The outside of the hotel is beautifully decorated. The room is super basic and the bathroom was smelly. It was okay for a night stay and restaurants nearby. Walking distance to most attractions. May come back in the future.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Ideal for somewhere to put your head for 3 nights, clean and friendly staff. When I got there they gave me a discount card so my friend and I could get money off museums etc! My room was large, TV in room, no WiFi (no issues as I used my data), bathroom is compact and needs an update but perfect for my needs. Warm shower, obviously had toilet, sink, towels, what more do you want when you're hardly in the room anyway! Would stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo