“Talking about it ever since”
Review of pro Deo

pro Deo
Ranked #4 of 794 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

AMAZING! MUST GO! I actually went to this restaurant in January 2017 and I am still raving about it - I have sent 3 separate groups to them on my recommendation. The atmosphere, the intricate decorations, the service and the food (out of this world flemish stew) - I cannot believe I forgot to review nearer the time. Outstanding in every way, wish I could move it next door! Thank you for a beautiful experience :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,314)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

If you haven’t booked, do it now! You won’t regret it! This was the best food we had in Bruges and off the scale service.
If you are looking for fantastic local food this is the place to go. If you are all about service there’s no better place than this one!
Order the beef stew, it is simply fabulous. The owners are really nice, this was a fantastic experience.
We tried other places and I can only say we were lucky to get a place here.

1  Thank TatianaMR
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My husband’s hobby is to search for the best places to eat wherever we’re visiting and I have to say he came up trumps with Pro Deo. The menu is eclectic and simple but the food is far from simple. I had the fish burger (by far the best I’ve ever had) my daughter had the veggie burger (again superb) and my husband had the half roast spicy chicken - cooked to perfection. What a gem of a place but book it because they turned away many people but even though they were fully booked and people were waiting for tables - they never made us feel rushed, even telling us we didn’t need to worry and hurry. I was especially impressed that they had malt vinegar to put on my chips ;) oh and they love Northern Soul and Lambrettas - an added bonus :)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a table after reading the reviews on trip advisor and it was worth the 16 minute walk from the Market Square . The restaurant is only small but the food and service were really good . Make sure you book as while we were sat there they must have turned away 20 tables.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were staying about 15 minutes walk away and saw comments on Trip Adviser. The restaurant is small, just 20 places, and booking is essential. The hostess, Natalie, is utterly charming and her partner is the chef. The menu is fairly small to reflect that it is all cooked fresh. We visited on two nights - open at 18.00 - and had two very enjoyable meals - the speciality is Belgium Beef stew which was excellent and plenty of it. We will certainly return when next in Bruges.

1  Thank B0bJ