3,849 results
All reviewscar liftnew sectionwellness centreolder partexecutive rooml'occitane toiletrieslovely hotelhigh ceilingsthe main squaresister hotelsteam roompublic roomshotel barperfect locationseparate showercanal view roomhot and cold food
Reviewed 19 September 2014

I stayed with my parents for three nights at the Casselbergh Hotel and it was simply lovely. We had two separate rooms, both in the old and traditional section which has a romantic and historical vibe to it, with one having a chandelier in it. The beds were very plush and soft, perfect for my parents, but a little too soft for me having had a back injury when I was younger. Both rooms were filled with coffee and tea facilities and a mini bar, with the maid service every day. The level of cleanliness was superb.

The selection for breakfast was very good; an array of continental pastries and bread, meats, cheeses and hot food. However, there were only two different types of cereal and the fruit - though plentiful - was a bit hit and miss. You are also served either coffee or tea at your table every morning.

The service from the staff was absolutely fantastic. On arrival, they supplied us with a map of Bruges and pointed out a number of the attractions I'd listed to them. They also looked up a number of restaurants for us that were not in the tourist area.

The sauna and steam room facilities are excellent and very relaxing after much walking in and around Bruges! The bar, which was reasonably priced, served excellent measures from spirits and the surrounding seats are comfortable.

Overall, we would certainly visit this hotel again if we were to come to Bruges, and would be perfect for a Christmas short break.

Room Tip: Go for a room in the older and more traditional section of the hotel. Rooms facing the road are noisier.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Silver117
Reviewed 19 September 2014

This hotel is a prime example of how you can destroy a potential for the best hotel with having terrible staff and attitude.
The hotel has a very good location, well presented and decorated. The breakfast is also rich in choices and the rooms are nicely furnished.
So what’s wrong? Well, on the morning we went out for a walk in the city. When we were back at 4pm we found that the room was not cleaned yet (at 4PM? fail #1). A very non friendly front desk lady, with a “I really don’t care” attitude (fail #2) said we need to leave the room by 5:30 and they will try and clean it then, because they usually clean only rooms of people who left until 3 and then go over the other rooms when they have the time (fail#3). We wanted to rest and not rush it; hey we are on vacation right? So I asked for them to send fresh towels and bed sheets, we will do it ourselves. They sent only towels, I had to ask again for them to bring the sheets as well (fail #4) I have sent an email to the hotel manager, as his card was on the room desk, asking for his comments on it, I have not heard back from him to this day, two weeks later (fail #5).
Also, don’t count on having WiFi in the hotel outside of the bar, you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: go for the standard room in the old part of the hotel. Executive ones are not worth the added price
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RaistlinMajer
Baptist B, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Casselbergh Bruges, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Dear Madam, Sir

We regret to hear that you have encountered your stay as unpleasant in our hotel. We therefore would like to apologize.

One of my colleagues did try to explain how we organise our housekeeping. Therefore your room was planned to be cleaned later in the afternoon. We did anticipate on your remarks and tried to contact you on the room and we have sent you an e-mail on the 06/09/2014 (9h49) with some more information and other options but we did not get any reply.

For your information, the (free) WIFI network (in rooms & public spaces) is one of the most recent ones, as we just have updated our systems.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 17 September 2014 via mobile

Great location try opt for the old wing rooms gorgeous breakfast rubbish but you are in Bruges so eat chocolate it's expensive but personally I think worth it for the location alone our room had a small tv (hubby comment) but bathroom was large and modern

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Trustmebaby
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Stayed here for four nights. Requested a room in the historic part of the hotel, based on other reviewers comments. We got a room in the historic part and although I believe that the standard of rooms is the same throughout the hotel, the historic part can be accessed via a grand staircase (there is also a lift) and the corridors are large and attractively decorated. Not vital of course but gave an air of luxury. The bed was very comfortable and there were fantastic blackout curtains. Large luxury bathroom with separate deluge shower in addition to a bath. Nice L'Occitane toiletries too! Excellent breakfast of cooked and continental style. No restaurant for evening meal but not a problem as there are literally over one hundred restaurants in Bruges. Hotel staff very helpful and friendly.

Great central location as only a few steps from the Burg Square and a few more to the Markt Square.

Would stay again without question.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geraldine T
Reviewed 15 September 2014

My son and I spent two days here at the end of August. We stayed one night in their basic room which was perfect with a nice view of the canal. We decided to stay one more day so we needed to upgrade to a deluxe room because of a shortage of rooms. Wow, what a beautiful room with all kinds of extras
such as a fully stocked refrigerator ,hot drinks,a large modern bathroom, high ceilings, and a beautiful very comfortable bed. The breakfasts were included with a huge selection of fresh food in an
extremely clean setting. The staff could not have been more helpful and the location seemed perfect to us, with a short stroll to the two main squares and the canal boat rides. Both the city and this hotel are enchanted and I will certainly stay here when we return - hopefully very soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family