All reviews private bathroom minute walk family room park the car nice breakfast squeaky canal hallway tub
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Right on the canal, convenient location and spacious accommodations, but very personal because it is a guesthouse (B&B for Americans). Luc is a very attentive, but not intrusive, host who is genuinely interested in people and places they come from, as well as a good source of information.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rod D
Reviewed 31 December 2013

if you're going to Bruges, Belgium you'll never find a better B&B than Sint Andries Cruyse. Luc, the owner and host, is the nicest gentleman you'll every meet. We cannot say enough kind things about Luc. This man runs a simply outstanding B&B. We had one of the 2nd floor rooms overlooking the canal. The room was huge with two large antique armoires, two large beds, a spacious bathroom and terrific view of the canal. Luc's house is conveniently located within a 3 to 4 minute walk of the Markt or Market Square. We spent 3 nights and wished we had spent a week. Luc gave us outstanding recommendations on restaurants, tourist attractions, etc. One great recommendation he gave us was to spend an afternoon on a bike ride out to the town of Damme. We packed a lunch and followed the bike trail out to Damme. What a wonderfully relaxing afternoon.

Room Tip: Stay with a local, learn from a local, enjoy the wisdom and advise from a local. Luc is the best!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cgardier
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This was just a great place to stay and I would go back here time and time again if I had that luxury. The list of things wonderful about this place is LONG, so let's just get the few cautionary notes out of the way: the circular stairs are steeps and narrow, you may be sharing a toilet room with other rooms, and you will have mosquitoes in your room at night if you don't shut the windows. Okay, cautionary notes done, here's the wonderfulness about this inn.

For starters, you would be hard pressed to find a hotelier who takes more care and concern for his guests than Luc. From train station pick-ups to baggage drop offs, beautifully prepared breakfasts and energetically-shared information about Bruges, thoughtfully prepared rooms and always a truly interested question about your day. Always there, but never intrusive, Luc is precisely what all hoteliers should be!

The inn's setting is beautiful. I had thought about walking into town on Monday night to hear the carillon concert at the main square, but I realized I was hearing the bells well from my room. Then I discovered that not only could I hear the bells, but I could SEE the tower from by bathroom window. I think the fact that I hung out the window listening to the bells for the better part of an hour is why we got so many mosquitoes in the room. I am really itchy now, but the sounds of the bells lingering in my ear is more than enough compensation.

The location is really easy to move through town to and from --close enough to the center to be there for lunch and museums, far enough out to have quick access to laundromat and windmills. The neighbourhood was quiet and safe by night, bustling by day.

There really isn't anything more that can be asked of an inn or hotelier! Indulge and enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SyrinxSounds
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at Sint Andries Cruyse for one night (June 9) and had a wonderful stay. I can't say enough about how accommodating Luc was during our stay. In May/June we travelled for 35 days and stayed at 12 to 14 different locations. Luc was by far the most accommodating host of them all.

He picked us up at the train station, gave us a brief driving tour of the city and highlighted a short cut to market square. He also spent time highlighting things we might want to see first, given our short stay.

Here is the real kicker, the next morning we had a 6:30am train on our way to York, not only was Luc willing to drive us to the train but he got up and made us a FULL breakfast (with eggs etc) at 5:30am. Where have you stayed with that kind of service?

The location was very good (maybe 1/3 mile to Market Square); very quiet on a canal. Price was very competitive. Overall a sweet stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom K
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Gastenhuis Sint Adries Cruyse. Our host, Luc, met us at the train station and gave us a little tour of the city on our way to the house. Our accommodations were spacious, spotlessly clean, and comfortable with lots of thoughtful touches. There is a small refrigerator in the breakfast room with drinks available at all times, wine glasses in the room, and most important, a comfortable bed! Breakfast was delicious, and we met some delightful fellow travelers in the breakfast room. Overall, an excellent place to stay and I would definitely stay here again if we return to Bruges in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple