“1669 B&B”
Review of B&B In Bruges

B&B In Bruges
Ranked #98 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Had a two night stay in above extremely old as the name suggests.bedrooms were spacious and well presented and the proprietor was very friendly and helpful as nobody in our party spoke Flemish. Bruges was a lively and interesting city with plenty to see and do including a large variety of restaurants to choose from all in all I would certainly recomnend a visit.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Rectently went with my girlfriend for a 6 night stay and i cannot fault it in anyway!
We arrived in briges slightly earlier than planned for our check in but went straight there anyway just to see and we were greated with a friendly smile and told our room was ready and handed the key. The breakfast i great with a lot of choice and we had coffe/tea made for us each morning. The room we stayed in was outstanding with comfy bed lovely arm chairs and a stunnig view of the belfry! All in all this is a great b&b and even better with the price it cost ua to stay that long being very reasonable! Well worth using if your going to bruges

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2015

I booked the trip to Bruges as a 70th birthday present for my husband. Having booked through a well known website, I received confirmation of the booking and noted that we were given a 2nd floor room. I emailed asking if they had a ground floor room as both my husband and I find it difficult to climb stairs and they have no lifts (we had to climb 2 flights of stairs to our room with luggage) I explained this in my email, but had no response so thought rather than end up in Bruges without accommodation, we had no choice but to check in. When we arrived, nobody was there to greet us. There are no clear directions of where the fire exits were located and there was nobody there to discuss fire escapes or any other queries we may have had. Just round the corner there is a backpackers hostel and the noise every night from there was very disruptive and continued into the early hours of the morning. I can say the 3 nights we were there, I hardly slept a) because of the noise and b) because I was scared that in the event of a fire, we would not get out alive. A week or so before departure I did receive an email telling me they only accept cash so I took the amount required in Euros, only to be told the day we were leaving, that I had to pay by card. I returned with the Euros and when I went to sell them back, I lost over £50. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience, poor value for money and not a place I would recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2015

We stayed on Monday 29th June 2015. What a beautiful house, full of character and charm and very shabby chic. We stayed in the Blue Suite and had the whole of the second floor to ourselves. A lounge (with kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom). The bed was massive and very comfortable. We were able to leave our luggage prior to checking in which was much appreciated. The owner Alex was extremely friendly and welcoming but respected our privacy during breakfast. The stairs are very steep (no lift). There is an outside small garden which smokers can use. Breakfast was fine a mix of pastries, meats and cheese. Just one point really tea is offered in the room, but coffee and milk would have been appreciated. Our room cost £78 which we felt was very good value for money. Bruges is always a lovely place to visit.

Room Tip: You need to be able to manage steep stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2015

We visited in 2011 and loved Livia and the guesthouse. When we arrived this time (around 8PM), Livia welcomed us in and shared a glass of wine with us as we talked about our day. She marked a few things on a map for us to explore over the next couple days.

We stayed at the top (Room with a view) both visits.The bed is comfortable, the room is spacious and the hike to the top is good for you (but a little tricky after a few Belgian beers!). The shower is a little small in this room (I was fine in it but a tight squeeze for anyone over 200lbs or above 6ft).

Breakfast is always amazing - fresh eggs, produce, delicious pastries/bread. We learned to love the European breakfast while we were there - meat, cheese, eggs, tomatoes!

The guesthouse is right in the middle of town and walkable to anything in Bruges. Livia arranged a cab to the train station when we left - very easy pickup right outside. We even wanted reservations at a local restaurant and emailed Livia a couple weeks before we arrived, she called and made the reservation for us!

Its an old house, but its an old town - very authentic and a great place to stay in Bruges. Our only suggestion - Sunday/Monday nights are a little quiet - lots of restaurants closed on these nights. Plan meals ahead if you are visiting on a Sunday/Monday (we found a couple places within a few blocks of Livia's)

Room Tip: Loved Room with a View but its all the way at the top of the house! Lots of steps between you and yo...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple