“Excellent Vegetarian/Vegan restaurant”
Review of De Plaats

De Plaats
Ranked #13 of 797 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$14 - US$17
Description: vegetarian and vegan bar and restaurant in the Wapenmakersstraat 5 in Bruges. closed on sundays and mondays
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent high quality vegetarian/vegan restaurant in Bruges. We had the Flemish stew and the Chili, both vegan and excellant. The owner takes great pride in her work and it shows in her food and service. A couple of tips, the restaurant is small, with limited hours for lunch and dinner. Check out the hours in advance. Make reservations, if you just walk in you may not get a table.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Very nice & comfortable restaurant for vegetarians looking for Lunch or Dinner.

We tried Pasta with Zucchini & Blue cheese sauce with Fresh Orange juice & Hot Tea. Followed by Blu Berry Tart.

Food was wholesome & of good quality.

Very close to Market square.

Value for money.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

I'm glad I searched for vegetarian restaurants, cause otherwise I wouldn't have found this place. It's close to the market so it's a nice alternative for those who want to eat something different. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the owner was very friendly. The food looked good and tasted great. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

We were looking for dinner while passing by the front of the restaurant. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming.
The service was great with explanation of the dishes.
We had a selection of dishes and all of tham were very tasty and well presented.
Highly recommended.
We will come again.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

This time we managed to get a table to try this restaurant. I understand why it's so difficult to get a table at this restaurant.
The service is guest oriented, but i notice that as guest you can not sit long at the table, the next guests are waiting for you table.
The dishes are more then enough and well presented, the only remark I had was that I missed only a few grams of salt in dishes, that would give the overall dish a perfect flavour. The cider with elderflower I recommend to drink.
I'm allergic for all animal products and I'm not sure if a spoon or other kitchen equipment was contaminated by cheese or mayonnaise but I had after eating the vegan burger (where there was a white sauce next to the potatoes) a mild allergic reaction.

Next time we visit Bruges, we will again book a table.

FrowS1, Eigenaar at De Plaats, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

thank you for your nice review....as a chef I can 100 % assure you that there are no animal ingredients used in anything that's saying 'vegan'.....we're also very aware of that in the kitchen....I hope we see you back when you visit Bruges again!! kindly regards Frow Steeman