“Excellent neighbourhood frituur”

Frituur De Gentpoorte
Ranked #232 of 797 Restaurants in Bruges
Reviewed 23 August 2018

We stayed in Bruges for a week and ended up coming here twice, once after searching for places to grab a cheap bite in the area and once on the way back from the city after visiting a few bars (not en-route for us but worth the detour). Both times ordered a mix of fries, garnaalkroketten, bitterballen and kaasouffles. Everything was delicious and the portion size for fries is downright charitable. The sauces for the fries are thoughtfully served in separate sealed containers when ordering take away.

This is a real neighbourhood take away cafe and both times that I visited it was full of locals and families, which was a nice change from the tourist cafes in and around the market square. It's not a touristy area but it's only a 10-15 min walk from the main tourist district. The service is quick and very friendly. They also have a toilet.

1  Thank DiscoCatGiraffe

Reviewed 19 June 2018

you got hungry ???
- you are in Bruges? go visit this amazing food shop!
The best fries in our local city centrum !!
i am sure , you will not regret passing by !!

honger ???

Hier moet je wezen om lekker te eten !!!
je vind er de beste frietjes en de leukste uitbaters !!
gewoonweg de lekkerste frietjes van brugge

1  Thank JessC1973
Reviewed 1 May 2018

This place is about 10 minutes from the main part of Bruges which means it's not overrun with tourists. They have a really big menu with low prices and huge portions and there's free wifi and plenty of seating.

1  Thank Sal_Paradise767
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews on TA, I walked down here one evening for dinner. It’s not in a tourist area and the people eating there were locals-always a good sign! I had the classic burger with the spicy sauce (mayonnaise with seasonings in it but not spicy) and a SMALL frites with curry ketchup. The burger was on the smaller size but the perfect portion size for me. I’m glad I had paid attention to reviews because the small frites was more than enough. The prices were great too!

2  Thank RebeccaR4
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is a great little family owned place. Not a lot of tourists, seemed to be mostly locals. I found not many people in Bruges spoke English, but they were able to speak English to me and help me with the menu. I ended up just getting a burger and fries, though there were A TON of food options. These were the best fries I’ve had in a long time. I got the “individual” size and it was HUGE. they do not skimp on the food. Long line up, but totally worth the wait.

1  Thank Karen P