“Seemed like a Birthday in Spain”
Review of Casa Juan

Casa Juan
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Took my daughter here today for her birthday lunch, As usual we were welcomed as we came in and shown to our table. We ate so much I can't remember everything, for starters we had, crab , bread and dips, and prawns , all delicious . For mains my sister had seafood paella, my grandson had chorizo paella, I had prawn spaghetti , and my daughter who was the birthday girl had turbot, beautifully cooked and served, For dessert we had a meringue dessert, rhubarb crumble and ice cream. Plus of course the wine ! I can highly recommend you visit this lovely little restaurant .

1  Thank Sheila M

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We are down on holiday in Cornwall,yesterday we had a great day out. A last minute
decision, we decided to book at the small tapas bar in the village. Great choice lovely warm welcome as we arrived and it only got better, we chose tapas and it was special.
My wife said it was the best she'd tasted and after only being in Madrid three weeks earlier a good compliment. Great meal, warm atmosphere and top grub we'll be going back!

1  Thank Ian W
Reviewed 1 May 2017

You probably wouldn't expect to find a really first class Spanish restaurant tucked away
in a small village in Cornwall but visit Casa Juan in Mawnan Smith and you're in for a wonderful surprise. Set back in a small square in the center of the village the premises, inside and out, are not particularly appealing but the food is truly excellent.
There is a big range of tapas on the menu that can be used as starters or combined to make a a very generous meal. There are also several main courses including fish and meat paellas. Everything we ate was remarkably good and very generous. In fact this was probably one of the best Spanish meals we have ever had, and we have eaten a great many both in this country and in Spain. Service is quite good and the prices are quite reasonable. Seek it out - you'll be surprised'

1  Thank Kiacmaz
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Genuine, freshly prepared authentic Spanish Tapas. What a lovely find in an unusual setting. Would be hard pressed to find better outside of mainland Spain!

1  Thank Flittonmiss
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Very friendly atmosphere, tasty food & attentive service. We were a party of 9 for dinner all ordering different things. It was no problem, everything was freshly cooked & everybody's meal arrived together.

1  Thank RBandAF