“Very good quality ”

Sushi Paradise
Ranked #187 of 982 Restaurants in Ghent
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

My parents and I had dinner here, we ordered a ‘sushi boat’ for 3 and it was delicious! Service was good and the food was presented in a very nice way. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 28 April 2017

“A Sushi Surprise Amidst Mussels & Beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2016

Coming to Gent in the heart of Belgium, I did not expect to find such an authentic sushi restaurant in addition to the pleasure of indulging in mussels and beer. Asashi, the sushi chef at Sushi Palace produces an amazing variety of sushi dishes - from many types of maki and nigiri to hosi and rolls galore. As per sushi etiquette, the delectable items are made on-site with fresh ingredients, including daily purchases of seafood: tuna, salmon, octopus, eel, shrimp and snapper. The rice used is classic sticky rice that begs for “more” and holds shape until consumed. The food is complimented with a nice selection of beer, both Japanese and Belgian, as well as some well-paired wines. Add subdued lighting and gentle Japanese décor and you have a very pleasant restaurant on Vridjdagmarkt Square for a quiet lunch or a romantic dinner. My only criticism is that the beer could be served colder, but then I did not eat there for the beer.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

My partner and I visit this place frequently: he says it's the best sushi of the entire town.

I'm a vegetarian, so I always go for the fish-free dishes. There are only 2 vegetarian "sushi" options, and I would recommend you choose the "Paradise Vegetarisch". It's 1 euro cheaper than the other "Vegetarische Mix" but contains more variation and 17 pieces are really enough, anyway.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

We would have loved to try some sushi here but the place looked quite empty from the outside... 1 minute upon entering the restaurant we realised why. Every square metre of the retaurant smelled like a sewer. It was really quite bad.

We sat down and had a glance at the menu but it was just too much to bear and we left shortly after.

ashish g, Manager at Sushi Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your review. As soon as you reviewed us, we went to our basement to investigate it. In did a pipe was broken there and a leakage was found in the sewer. We repaired it immediately. We apologise for your bad experience. And we would like to thank you wholeheartedly for giving us an opportunity to correct our weakness and improve ourselves. We value our customers and take due consideration of the critical reviews such as yours to improve ourselves. We hope we can give you much better experience in the near future. We appreciate for your valuable time and reformative feedback.

Best regards,
Sushi Paradise Team

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Good Sushi, attentive and staff and prices were OK. Ate a la carte though the all you can eat sushi could be good value for money. Was pretty busy outside when we were there which is why we chose it as it is generally a good sign. Not disappointed.

1  Thank GlosOldSpot