“Good sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Ordered different sushi rolls, not the combo boats. Sushi was nice, fresh and a bit different then the place where I use to go. Staff is friendly and very helpful. 2ppl appr 60Euro, +/- 35 rolls incl glas of cava and 1/2ltr of water.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I usually don't have a too high expectations of a sushi bar but i was really struck by the food quality at this one. For the first course we jas misou and noodle soup. Serve in a traditional manner, not too salty very good soup. Than the scampi gyoza came in and it was so tasty we ordered another one. Sushi was excellent and beef pad tai was delicious too, a very large dish that can be enough for two persons if not too hungry. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

This was an excellent choice for an average spend on great food. We both love sushi and had heard good things about this place and booked a few weeks before our Easter break to Gent. We had the gyoza to share to start, which we didn’t really need but glad we had them We then shared a sushi boat for two. Very good selection of sushi – the only thing we left was a couple of tuna items as neither of us are particularly big fans of tuna. I tried things I hadn’t had before and the flavours were excellent. We had wine by the glass and beer (two each) and I think the bill came to €72. Very good value. They were turning people away and doing a roaring take-away trade, so my advice is to book.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend wanted to celebrate Easter Day with a good sushi and relied on TripAdvisor feedback to choose which place to go. We found sushi palace and called at 19.30 to check if they were open on Easter Day. The answer was "yes, no problem, we are open until 10pm". At that point we showed up at 21.15 and one of the waiters stopped us at the entrance saying "sorry from now on just take away" we explained that we called beforehand and we were told the place closed at 10pm. He checked our phones to see we actually called and then repeated the same statement adding "but you called at 19.30" I just thought what difference does it make when you call to check for closing times? The issue is that we were not told "kitchen closes at or from this time it will only be take away". We do understand it could have been too late but we would have appreciated that when we called to check opening hours they could have also said that from a certain time it would have been only take away. Needless to say we will not try this place again as customer care service was extremely poor.

3  Thank Jacopo G
S_PalaceGent, Manager at Sushi Palace Gent, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Sir,
First and foremost, on behalf of my entire team I would like to apologies for the inconvenience. I had the day off yesterday so ,I checked with the team about what actually happened. Normally when u called and asked about the opening hours, my colleague meant to say that we close at 10 p.m. and not that we accept guest till 10. By 10u30 we need to close everything up because we work with ‘witte kassa’ where everyone needs to check In and Out on time. I hope u understand how it is . Above all, we were running very slow yesterday so, because we had no reservation after 8u45 and were almost empty by then we decided to do only takeout from 9p.m until 10p.m. and when u arrived at 9u15- 9u20 without any reservation, we were actually closing everything up .I know all that I mentioned above is none of your problem but yet I hope u will try and understand the situation and will forgive us for not providing the details regarding the closing hours.
I really hope you’ll definitely give us one more chance !
With kind regards
Nisha

Reviewed 3 March 2017

The food was really wonderful, everything was fresh. The staff was attentive and nice..
Problem is the restaurant wasn't very spacious. There were a lot of rude and loud customers in the restaurant, students I guess.