All reviews bacon leger holidays room was clean outdoor pool long coach journey staff were efficient overnight stop tea coffee overnight hotel the ground floor small fridge stayed nights breakfast was buffet style night stay excellent breakfast austria motorway
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Stayed here for one night on our way for a river cruise. We were pleasantly surprised. Evening meal was ok, although due to feeling unwell my husband left his. Please be assured this wasn’t because there was a problem with the food. Hotel room was comfortable and we slept well. Walking up and down the stairs was good excersise as the lift was very temperamental. 3 coaches were in so breakfast was a free for all. Tried to make toast, it was like watching paint dry it took so long. The scrambled eggs were hardly cooked, mind it might have been the better option as I took a “ boiled “ egg. Got my teaspoon and took top of egg off...... it was raw. It seems this hotel is a bit of DIY. After talking to other passengers later on that day I wasn’t the only one thinking the eggs were cooked. Bet there is a lot of wastage. A suggestion please to hotel management, either boil the eggs or put a note next to the eggs and the egg boiler ! I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine S
HotelesGlobales, Responsable réception at Globales Post Hotel & Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear guest,

On behalf of all staff and management here at Globales POST & WELLNESS HOTEL, we would like to thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with us.

We assure you, that we do take all customer feedback seriously. We have already discussed your comments with the relevant members of our team and we will work together improving all the areas you have mentioned. Our priority is guest satisfaction and we work very hard to try to achieve it.

About the breakfast, i sent a note to the chef about the quality of the scrambled eggs. If I can give you a trick to find a cooked or an uncooked egg, you have to quickly rotate the egg and if it's slow that's mean it's raw if it's quick that's mean is cooked :)

We hope to see you back soon for a longer stay in order that you enjoy our service and of course all the lovely areas that the region offers to its visitors.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I stayed, as part of a tour party, in this hotel for 4 nights.

On a positive note the reception staff are friendly / helpful and the rooms are clean - even if they are in dire need of a complete refurbishment.

This hotel seems to provide a base for tour operators such as ledger. Which means that in the morning it is like a scene from the Titanic.

Given that our coach trip started very early I had to have breakfast around 6.30 / 7.00am. At these times it was difficult, if not impossible, to get a table. When i eventually did get a table the issue was then to get something to eat. The 10 fried eggs seemed to be replaced every half hour, which was totally inadequate. When I asked for more eggs I had to wait at least 15 mins before they appeared. This happened on at least 3 out of the 4 mornings I availed of breakfast. On one morning, at 7.30am, the restaurant ran out of dinner plates and people had to use side plates to put the fast depleting and rarely replenished food supplies on.

The hotel also appears to have inadequate staff numbers. In the morning there just seemed to be the same 2 members of staff. This meant that tables weren't being cleared quickly enough and as a conseqence queues formed.

In relation to the restaurant, I went down one evening at 7pm, there were only a few tables occupied. When I asked if I could have a table I was informed that the restaurant was fully booked. Given the remote location of the hotel there are very few options to get food if the restaurant is "fully booked".

One evening I decided to escape and got a taxi to the centre of liege. At least I was able to get something to eat but the return journey in the taxi cost 70 euros, all because the hotel couldn't provide an evening meal to all its guests.

Given that I was on a tour I had no choice but to stay for 4 nights in this hotel otherwise I would have checked out and stayed at a hotel that could provide a complete service for its guests.

If you are looking for a hotel in a good location with the ability to provide food to its guests then. don't stay here.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jimmiechops

Dear guest,

We receive lot of tour operators in our hotel because it's a good central point from the Ferry and to go to Germany. Our offers are nice for this kind of group ! We know and we try to improve the organisation of the breakfast to welcome perfectly this amount of people in the same time.

We are currently in the renovation phase and our occupancy rate does not allow us to move as fast as expected.

About the restaurant, we have a capacity of around 150 seated places. As discussed with the manager of the restaurant, xhen all the tables are booked we could not find other places. In this case you have to wait or to book in advance. We offer also the way to take a meal at the bar or even in your room. It was perhaps a wrong comprehension between you and the restaurant manager.

Just to let you know we are not responsible of the taxi's prices.

Please apologise us for not being able to meet your expectations. Despite everything many people are satisfied with the situation of our hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Stayed here via organised transfer down to the Danube.No doubt tour company paid a Low Rate. Generally Clean,Quiet,Some Rooms more modern than others, breakfast Very Good, Evening meal Good.Location Good for The Motorway connection & Good Sized Car Park.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john s
HotelesGlobales, Responsable réception at Globales Post Hotel & Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

For all the team of Globales Post Hotel,

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend whilst attending the F1 at Spa. We booked fairly late so had few options.

Driving into the car park it is safe to say we thought our stay was going to be bleak, however, it was quite good. The bar and restaurant decor and service were quite good.

The rooms, basic, but served our needs.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Good value for money.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

For all the team of Globales Post Hotel,

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Globales Post Hotel Herstal Belgium

I stayed twice in this hotel  in two weeks one on my way out and once on way back both were just overnight stays, the hotel is situated  just off the E40 and it is Set in its own quiet grounds, if you arrive in the daylight one of the first things you see is the outdoor swimming pool.

Both the rooms I stayed in were on the ground floor which was handy the first one was well appointed the bed was very comfortable with a foam mattress, tv and a bedside radio/alarm  clock the bathroom had a shower but no bath I think this room has been upgraded not to long ago.

The hotel has free WiFi throughout the building and the connection and speed was good when I used it. If you want a drink drink there is a small bar .

There is a restaurant  but the food did not thrill me it was a bit school dinner ish and well I am talking about food the bacon we had at breakfast was so underdone it could nearly walked from the kitchen, but other than the bacon there was a good choice.

The second room I stayed in was not as good as the first it was yet to be updated (well that's my guess) the mattress was very bouncy but I have slept a lot worse

The bathroom had a bath with a shower over the bath not the easiest of things to get into given the choice I would not have used it.

There are other facilities  such as an indoor pool but I did not use them.

Overall I should be happy to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelesGlobales, Responsable réception at Globales Post Hotel & Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear guest,

We assure you that the next time you come we will give you the best room. Just remind it at your reservation.

For all the Team of Globales Post Hotel,