1,123 results
All reviews crowne plaza beautiful hotel crepes great bathroom rooms are spacious park your car per day opera house floor city sauna wellness belgium europe stylish dutch
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Having been fortunate enough to stay in a number of 5 star establishments, I’m astounded that this hotel maintains its rating when they deliver such atrocious service?

We arrived for dinner which we’d booked, and waited 40 minutes for our first drink to arrive. We’d ordered champagne for my husbands birthday. It finally arrived with odd glasses: the sort that you’d get free from a garage! The water glasses were better quality.

Our main took nearly 2 hours to arrive; three tables arrived after us, were served, ate and went, before we even got our main.

My husbands main, the most expensive on the menu, was meant to come with sweet potato fries. A bucket of frozen chips arrived?

I challenged the waiter and he brought us another bucket of frozen chips. We left our main, but rest assured we were charged for it? Just outrageous.

On to breakfast. We arrive at 930am.. it finishes at 1030..

No eggs and no bacon. Eight or so of us, yes, you’ve guessed it, WAIT, for another 25 minuted for eggs. Still no bacon. When bacon finally arrives, no sausages left.

The female Chef was rude, the waiters and waitresses stood talking about us, in front of us, amused that nothing was there. Again, not a manager in sight!

If your team speak ill of customers, please ensure that it’s out of ear shot where people don’t understand.

Shoddy service, poor standards and a team that don’t care about customers or frankly care.

If you’re staying in Liège, stay somewhere else!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Alicia B. W, Responsable relations clients at Les Comtes de Mean, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear EJW666,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us after your recent stay at Les Comtes de Méan - Liège.

I am very sorry to hear about your stay with us and that we were not able to exceed your expectations to make it a memorable trip.
I am disappointed to hear that we did not delight you on this occasion and that you found the staff to be disinterested.

I was there, the evening of the incident, and believe me, we felt deeply sorry about the situation. Our Duty Manager spoke to you and your husband, apologized several times, and offered you the diner. We endeavour to delight our guests at every opportunity throughout their stay and I am very sorry to hear that that we did not achieve this nor make you feel valued during your stay.

Thank you for your feedback and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel to restore your faith on us in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We were booked into this “5 star” hotel as part of a GPrix weekend.

Initially given a twin bedroom, which we had not asked for.

Swapped for a double, but there was a very odd smell in the room.

We put up with it.

We tried the Restaurant, huge mistake.

Our reservation 8pm, we arrive a few minutes late and waited, obediently at the lectern.

Several waiters pass by and we were completely ignored.

After 10 minutes we were seated.

At 8.20pm we were handed menus.

At 8.35 we ordered champagne

At. 8.44 we ordered our food.

The champagne arrived after several wrong attempts, no glasses........

After Waiting 15 minutes for glasses I went to the bar to get some.

I’m given two glasses, which aren’t the same. It’s not good when the water glass is better than the champagne glass! By the way, we’d paid €100 for the champagne, only to drink it from garage forecourt glasses.

Our starters arrived at 9.30pm.

They were OK, not remarkable at all.

Mains, we are still waiting!

Dear Yannythegreek,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us after your recent visit at les Comtes de Méan - Liège.

I am very disappointed and sincerely apologise for your experience. It seems that we let ourselves down in a number of areas and I can assure you that we will follow this up immediately.

The feedback provided by our valued guests is very important to us as it helps us to enhance the level of service we aim to deliver throughout the hotel. Please rest assured that the shortcomings you experienced is not reflective to our usual standards and I sincerely apologise for any discomfort that it might had caused you. I have shared your comments with the Management team to investigate.

Thank you for your feedback as it is only with such feedback that we can identify areas that need support and rectify them , allowing us to enhance our service.

We do hope to welcome you back here to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Very good hotel. Constructed with good taste with high use of stone and brick, and common areas are nicely decorated. Good breakfast with high variety of food. Rooms seems to be rather large, though scene from window is not the best one in lower floors. Service was good and friendly. Can stay again if in neighbourhood.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear JRa70,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your most recent experience at les Comtes de Méan - Liège.

I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoyed what we have to offer. This is such a positive and generous feedback that I will ensure to share it with the whole team.

Thank you again for your comment and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

A very nice hotel. The location is very good. The room, we booked a luxery room, was good and clean. Airco was a plus. We did expect it to be a little larger but all in all it was good. The staff at the reception was excellent. Also if you stay a day use the valid parking. They park your car and the next day they bring it to the front. Super service. Before going to dinner in the restaurant we sat on the outside terrace. After waiting for 20 minutes I went inside to get some drinks. Nobody came outside although more people were waiting. This should improve if you have 5 stars. Dinner was suberb. Really excellant and very good staff. Breakfast was super. Just 1 negative point. They serve fresh fried eggs but nobody was there to prepare them. Its a pity because we missed this. On some points they should improve the service level and staff. These are just some minor points. I would certainly recomend this hotel for a weekend stay in Liege. And a bonus is the historic part of this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Alicia B. W, Responsable relations clients at Les Comtes de Mean, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Andre K,

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor after your recent stay with us, les Comtes de Méan - Liège.

We are indeed very fortunate to be situated so close to places of interest, great parks and restaurants as well as convenient transport links. I am delighted that we were able to create a comfortable stay for you.

However I am very sorry to hear that you found the staff a little confused. I can assure you that this is not the usual delivery of service from our hotel. The feedback provided by our guests help us to improve the service we deliver and I have shared your feedback in regards to bar with the FB Manager to follow up.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

You don’t aspect such a big hotel when you enter the hotel. The reception is on the seventh flour the rooms below. Very nice room, clean, there’s everything what you need.
Great breakfast for everyone. We really liked it.

Room Tip: Fifth floor

Dear Mrs. Antje D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, les Comtes de Méan - Liège.

I am thrilled that your stay was a great one and that we were able to meet your expectations.

Thank you again for your generous feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,