“Excellent hotel let down by sloppy housekeeping”

Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel
Ranked #12 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 October 2017

All the usual good things I appreciate on many stays at this hotel - most crucially, a comfortable bed. But alas the housekeeping inadequacies of a year or two ago have re-appeared. Individually, relatively trivial, but all irritating, e.g. cream for coffee not replaced for day two (I NEED that coffee, how I like it, to start the day; no point having a Nespresso machine if I cannot achieve that); no sugar for day three (I NEED that SWEET coffee to start the day), and no face cloths for day three (probably best not to go into details of the consequences for personal hygiene). It isn't rocket science... all that is needed is a simple checklist ...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Bonomo_Julien, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Sir.

Thank you for providing us your feedback and for your loyal support over the years. I sincerely apologize that your recent stay did not match with your experiences from your previous visits. Your feedback is of great value as it helps us to improve our service. For that, your comment concerning our Housekeeping is well received and we will do our utmost to make the necessary changes to prevent future recurrence.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Julien Bonomo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,750)

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We needed a place to stay overnight between a train journey arriving at Brussels Midi and a flight from Brussels airport, and the Pullman did not disappoint. Being attached to the station building made it so easy to get to and from the trains with our luggage. We had a room on an upper floor which had a view over the city albeit with some derelict land in the near foreground.

As a Platinum member of Accor, our status was fully acknowledged by the hotel and we received a room upgrade, welcome gift, and welcome drinks vouchers to use in the bar. The staff were attentive every time we had cause to speak to them, and the facilities and amenities in the hotel were well maintained.

I would have no hesitation to stay at the Pullman Brussels Midi again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Bonomo_Julien, Public Relations Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

It was a genuine pleasure to read your wonderful and elaborate review and I thank you for sharing this with both us and other users of Tripadvisor.

Reading your comments makes us all proud to be a part of Pullman Brussels Centre Midi. I am very pleased to know that as one of our loyal Le Club guests you felt pampered and I’m even more pleased to hear that our staff fulfilled your expectations in terms of service and that they were a true addition to our excellent product.

Dear Sir/Madam, once again thank for your kind feedback and I look forward meeting you upon your next visit to Brussels.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

This Pullmans is not up to the level of other Pullmans. The staff at reception are not properly trained. They struggled at checkin and checkout. They did not inform us about breakfast times which are different for weekends and weekdays and when we said at check out the reception was not bothered (was the lady who checked us in) her reply was we signed some piece of paper.

The breakfast is crazy expensive for what you get. We paid €21 per person per day, which we basically got cereral and some pineapple.

The bar cocktails were terrible too. Not worth the prices. Better of going outside for drinks. Staff are slow to attend.

The wifi and TV stopped working for half a day, when we asked receptionist to sort tv out for us she said it was not possible.

The room was small and cramped. A cleaner knocked our door at 9am and came in to clean the room on our checkin day! They couldnt wait 2 hours!

We waitied in the bar for our family to come down but was not allowed unless we bought something! So we had to buy over prices orange juices just to wait 5mins for other guests.

Overall compared to the bangkok pullman the brussels one is far behind in quality and customer service.

Will not be returning.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Bonomo_Julien, General Manager at Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Brussels Centre Midi. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Our Buffet Breakfast consists of a large selection of pastries, fresh cut fruits, cold cuts, a variety of cheeses, several hot dishes, variety of eggs, Fresh Waffles and many other items, and is available for 26 Euro. We offer it at discounted rate of 21 Euro when you decide to book it advance which was the case for your particular reservation. I'm sorry to know you only took some Pineapple and Muesli. Kindly be advised that we also have an express breakfast available for just 9 Euro. Perhaps this would have better suited your requirements.

I'm truly sorry that you were asked to order something while waiting in the lobby. Obviously this is not the policy for our in-house guests. As out hotel is located inside the station our lobby tends to be used as a waiting area by exterior guests, therefore we kindly ask them to at least take a consumption. Because of this I assume your experience is based on a misunderstanding because as our guest you are free to use our lobby without having to consume anything. I'm absolutely sorry for the inconvenience caused and I will further investigate this matter.

We indeed encountered a general technical issue that caused our TV's and WIFI to be off line for a while. With the efforts of the team it was resolved later that evening. Unfortunately it was one of those unforeseen circumstances that could not have been prevented, nevertheless we are truly sorry to know that it affected your stay and your overall perception of the hotel.

If you do decide to return to our hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me via H7431-GM@accor.com and I will personally guarantee you of a better experience resembling the high quality service that we are known for. I can only hope that you would indulge us on this occasion and provide us with another opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Perfect location if travelling via Eurostar. 2 mins from getting off the train we were checking in. The staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly. The room itself (we had an upgraded room) was great, but also the reason they didn't quite get 5 stars. The upgraded room advertises itself as having a bose sound system but it's outdated and only has a 30 pin connection for iPhones.. so of no actual use as no one has that anymore! Either update them or remove them.

Other then that the stay was great and the bar was really good. Breakfast was great and there was a lot of choice including fresh pressed orange juice instead of the usual stuff from a carton.

15 minute walk into the town centre means it's great for sightseeing too.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Pullman Brussels Centre Midi as your preferred hotel in Brussels!

We would like to deeply thank you for your kind feedback concerning your recent visit to our hotel. It is such a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and furthermore that you took the time to share your experience.

Concerning the Bose, unfortunately (or fortunately), technology is rapidly catching up and the current Bose station can not be used in the traditional sense. There is however also 'jack' phone connection which is compatible with most phones and/or appliances. So you will still be able to use it and fully enjoy your playlist.

We hope that you will be back soon and I look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I visited 6 Belgian cities in 6 days by train from Midi. So, staying at this hotel was super convenient. Also, you can access the metro from within Midi. There is also a grocery store right across from the Midi entrance to the hotel. The hotel places two free bottles of water into your fridge each day. The bed, and shower/sink are very nice. There are a good selection of TV channels to watch. However, I was not fond of the toilet in a closet. That resulted in the 4/5 score.

Also, this is not a hotel to choose if you want to walk out into the city. Just understand that the area around the hotel has aspects about it that are not so pleasant. As long as you always use the Midi entrance, you will avoid those issues and always be secure.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank twitterpook

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing your most valued feedback and kind comments on TripAdvisor.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, from the very convenient location as well as our wide selection of TV Channels.

As mentioned our location is in many ways perfect for a traveller such as yourself. It offers various possibilities to travel either within Belgium or internationally. International train stations can sometimes be intimidating due to its hustle and bustle that not only big capital cities are known for but most certainly also the bigger European train stations such as Brussels South.

Nevertheless I’m pleased to know that your overall experience was good and I truly hope we may welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,