All reviews minute walk lovely hotel the room was nice clean hotel budget hotel pleasant stay short stay cereal
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

The front of house hotel itself presents well. The staff were always available and very pleasant.
The breakfast is good, continental, no bells and
whistles.

I enjoyed the memory foam pillows in our room.

The location is great for metro access and only a short walk to Grand Place.

Our room looked nothing like the pictures on the website and was very dusty. There are no tea/coffee facilities in the room, nor is there a working kitchen/room service. So our only option within the hotel was to get a drink from a vending machine in lobby. Which only had 3/5 options available at €1.50 a can. There are supermarkets locally to get drinks etc from.

The loo roll is cheap and nasty. Bathroom towels as previously reviewed are of no quality whatsoever. The cleansing gel is not great.

The lift fits 2 at a time, servicing 7 floors of which it only goes to the 6th, in order to get to the 7th you then have to climb stairs.

Usually in my experience a range of different language tv stations are available. Only one English speaking news channel available.

All in all the hotel met the minimum of our requirements on a city break. It was tired and not very well kept. It won’t be on our return to list.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I stated for 1 night in this hotel. The location is very convenient and the staff is friendly but the building is old. I was very disappointed with the room, which was located on the 7th floor, while the elevator could reach only the 6th floor. I had to walk through corridors to find another staircase which leads to the upper floor (20 steps). The breakfast was just OK.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2018

I have not been at this hotel for some years, and I can see that it has been some improvements, new windows and even installation of air conditioners in some of the rooms. The air conditioning does not however seem to work properly (wrong temperature and very noisy) and is more annoyance than benefit.
The main trouble still seems to be the elevator: it is too small and too slow for so tall hotel. I fully understand that it is expensive to retrofit the elevator, but it makes life difficult for guest on the upper floors. Otherwise the rooms are smalls, towels are worn-out too much even for a budget hotel. By the way, remember to bring your own shampoo, since the one provided by the hotel can be used as industrial break cleaner. The Internet connection is free of charge, but it is so slow, that it makes it almost useless (thanks God for free roaming in Europe). Breakfast however was a positive surprise, not bad for a budget hotel in Brussels. The personnel was polite and helpful.
The main and only reason for staying in the hotel is its location, walking distance from the Central Station and its proximity to a metro station.

Room Tip: Avoid top floors and bring your own shampoo
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2018

My wife and I are on a trip to see family in Holland and we made a little side tour to Arras and Brussels before returning to Holland. My wife chose the Hotel Chambord due to its proximity to the shopping area of Brussels and that it offered breakfast and parking. Our room was modern if a little spartan that overlooked an interior court yard.
The breakfast was a good continental type with two hot dishes with some meats, cheeses, cereals and bread. The scrambled eggs were premade but the bacon was fresh.
We found plenty of places to eat but most were either pub or fast food outlets. There was also a steakhouse nearby. I suggest using Google.
Parking was indicated on the website but only after we booked did we find out that it is public parking a little ways away for €14.90 per 24hour period. There is wifi but it was slow and not very strong in our room (27). It might have been due to hi usage while we were there.
The elevator is very small and will only accommodate 2 adults with little luggage.
All in all it was a pleasant stay, the front desk staff were very professional, and helpful.
I would stay here again if I find myself in Brussels again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2018

I asked in advance for 2 rooms, close to each other and if possible, on a high (the highest?) floor. When arriving I found out that the rooms were on separate floors. Since this was important, I asked to change the rooms. What they did. Now on the same 1st floor. But, at night, this meant that we were sleeping at the side of the main street and this was so noisy (cars with loud sound system, trying to go as fast as possible… and much more). So we woke up many times… this is really not the service that you want. So I am very disappointed as you can understand.

Room Tip: Please if you stay here, get a room as high as possible... far from the street.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family