3,026 results
All reviews belle epoque the grand place beautiful hotel art deco style mini bar public areas are metro station room was large superior room reception area central location location is excellent breakfast room croissants elevator minibar concierge
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

The hotel and the design is beautiful, which is exactly why I booked the hotel. I chose this hotel and more specifically the junior suite based on the pics shown for each room type.

Today is my first night. I was given a very old and horrible room which the receptionist claimed is the junior suite that I booked and paid for. It was smelly, much smaller and awful compared to the pictures shown on the website. I went to complaint and the receptionist insist that my room was indeed a junior suite and I needed to pay €200 if I wanted to upgrade to a better suite. I showed him that the pic of the room (junior suite) that I booked and he insisted that the pic was not the junior suite but the presidential suite even though it clearly stated junior suite. We argued for awhile. He told me that what he had given me was a junior suite and he doesn't know the size, or the design of the room (as per the pic) because there are too many rooms in the hotel.

I complaint about the smell and he said he will give me another room on a lower floor which is exactly the same type (now he knows there is the same type and design of room). I told him to follow me to the room, check the smell and also the size of the room. He then sent his bellboy Mr. Roland to inspect the room with us, and Mr Roland too agreed that the room was smelly.

We went back down to the reception and I insisted that the pics of the junior suite shown on the metropole website was far off from what I had been given and Mr Roland kindly explained to him about the awful and strong unpleasant smell of the room that we got.

The receptionist then gave in and said he will "upgrade" us for "free". What i am very annoyed is the fact that I paid for the junior suite and was not give the junior suite (as advertised) but he said he is giving me a "free upgrade".

This hotel is good but please change the receptionist.

Pls see the pics of the first room that I got and the pic of the actual suite that I paid for. It explains it all.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lenecent
Hôtel Métropole B, Manager at Hotel Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback with us.
We are glad to know that you appreciated the design and style of Hotel Metropole.
With regret, we read that you have been disappointed with the room allocated to you. Please accept our apologies for this. Rest assured that we are fully aware that a minority of our facilities have still to be improved. The hotel has permanent renovation program.
Kind regards, The Management

Reviewed 31 March 2017

This is a spectacular hotel. The decorative details throughout are superb. It is worth wandering about and slowly taking in the details. The old style lift is very characterful. When you have this level of period charm, often the modern amenities have necessarily been sacrificed. And it was that the room was somewhat tardy but grand, the shower was powerful but so strong the water flow was like needles, and on a hot March day the air conditioning set to 15c was virtually non-existent. Never mind if you want perfect go to the Hilton, but this places oozes charm and I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Hôtel Métropole B, Manager at Hotel Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dear Sanjaya,
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that all your expectations have been satisfied. Such kind compliments are also the best motivation for all our team members and for that we would like to thank you very much. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Metropole,Brussels in the near future. Best regards. The Management

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I stayed at the metropole hotel with 2 night with Family , At the outset yes the hotel is old, above a 100 years so yes the lobby and parts of the hotel look old , However the rooms are refurbished and have all modern amenities ,The service and warmth of the staff make your stay worthwhile , the rooms are quite big , Bathroom and amenities are great 2, The breakfast is good , All in all its good value for money in the heart of Brussels and all attractions are close by , The concierge is very helpful as well

Room Tip: ask for the newly renovated rooms they are much better
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear Mohammed,
Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback with us.
We are pleased to hear that you liked our spacious rooms and the helpfulness of our staff members
We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Best regards,
The Management

Reviewed 30 March 2017

On business to Brussels recently I stayed in Hotel Metropole which is right beside a metro station (Brouckere) so very easy to get to from the airport train.

What is noticable about the hotel is that it is in Art Deco style and quite unlike modern hotels - in fact they had an important scientific conference here about 100 years ago and all the big scientific names were at it Rutherford, Planck, Mdme Curie and Einstein.

I arrived early and usually hotels do not have a room available or if they do will charge 50% of the overnight rate which is annoying, but here not only had they a room but they gave me an upgrade - possibly because i had stayed tehre a few tomes?

In any case the new room was great - very large with a large bathroom and a balcony. It was also a very commfortable room to work in with a desk, good light and internet So I spent most of the day in prepartaion for my meeting and got a lot of work done comfortanbly.

Breakfast was very good and the staff are friendly and helpful.

So I would stay here again when next in Brussels!

Room Tip: Just ask for one!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

If ever get a chance to visit Brussels then you must stay at this hotel. It has a lot of history and charm. It's converted from a old bank into a hotel.
Every room is unique.The room I had was a mini suite with big windows and a big bathroom. It is right in the city Center next to the casino. The grand place is walking distance with great restaurants and pubs.
Great value for you money.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Hôtel Métropole B, Manager at Hotel Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Best regards. The Management