“Stunning apartment(s), great location and...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Comfy lounge seats accentuate this apartment's cozy living room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
cbm2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Stunning apartment(s), great location and excellent value for money”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

My friends/colleagues and I took this apartment and the 6-person apartment (on the floor below) for the duration of a week-long conference in Brussels. From the moment we walked in, it was clear that we could not have made a better choice accommodation-wise! I could go on forever, but I'll try to keep it down to the main points:

-lots of community space that can be used well; whether for mealtimes, work, or just hanging out. Plenty of chairs, couch space, tables, etc. Lots of natural light by day (skylight, big windows) and well-lit by night.
-great atmosphere. Furnishings are modern and original - the 6-person was a bit more classic, and the 8-person was a bit more on the funky side, but both really added to the feel of the apartment. This goes for the communal spaces as well as the rooms.
-very spacious; good balance between getting your individual space and being able to interact as a group
-ambient and well-equipped kitchen (everything you could possibly need, including a dishwasher). Excellent for cooking together and making group meals; I think part of the reason we cooked at home so much was that the kitchen was so inspiring!
-bed-sheets, linens and soap provided, all up to hotel standards
-free wifi - got a bit slow at times, but always worked
-bathrooms were large, clean and modern
-different types of beds, but all were relatively well-sized (usually there are two people kicking each other in a tiny "double" bed, but this was not the case!)
-lots of storage space for clothes, shoes and other personal belongings
-balcony: not much of a view, but relatively spacious, and with chairs and tables, practical for smokers
-super location: a stone's throw away from the luxury shopping district, a 15-minute walk to the european parliament or 10 minutes to Egmont Palace, with a metro station nearby for any further destinations (took me a total of 10 minutes from gare midi)
-relatively peaceful and quiet - although it's a central location, there wasn't a lot of noise from the street or other apartments
-accessible by elevator and stairs. admittedly, the elevator was very slow, but practical nonetheless.
-just one floor up from the 6-person apartment, which is great for those travelling in large groups
-owners were accommodating and friendly, always responded to e-mails quickly
-everything as advertized

A few points to keep in mind:
-the top room/floor is only accessible by some relatively narrow, metal stairs. This was fine for a group of 20-somethings, but you do have to be quite nimble to go up and down - I imagine my parents would've preferred staying in one of the downstairs rooms.
-only two sets of keys are provided, so the group needs to be rather well-coordinated or always have someone at home. This was never a problem for us as we had similar schedules.
-you have to pay half of the price of the deposit online in order to secure the booking. This was slightly tricky, because a) there were eight of us, so gathering the money took quite a lot of coordination, b) there is a 4% booking fee, and c) it could be that your bank charges quite a large amount for the transfer and conversion (for me, this was around 56 EUR). The flat owner offered to reimburse me (it seems that the fees would've been paid back as well) in order to process the payment differently or in pounds instead (I was paying from a UK account), but at this point I didn't want to take any more risks. It's my bank's fault, not the owner's, and they did try to help, but it might be worth looking into alternative payment options to avoid all the stress and complication.

Despite this slight hiccup with the bank fees, I can only say that it was absolutely worth it, and definitely one of the best (if not the best) vacation rentals I have ever stayed in, not to mention unbeatable value for money. If you're in a group of 6-8 people (or 14!) don't even consider anything else!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Special ambience
Liked least: Booking process can get a bit frustrating
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Brazil
Reviewed 1 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

California
Reviewed 1 March 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
CA
Reviewed 23 December 2011 for a stay in September 2011
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Colorado
Reviewed 12 December 2011 for a stay in August 2011

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing