“Very good choice”
Review of L'Ivre De Cuisine

L'Ivre De Cuisine
Reserve with
L'Ivre De Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #202 of 4,073 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Cozy restaurant with good service and various daily suggestions with fish and meat. Good list of wines.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

A few years ago, a group of very good friends decided to meet once every 6 weeks for a gastronomical rendez-vous, each of us being responsible for the choice of the restaurant. This time we wanted to revisit "Le fruit de ma passion" in Ixelles but were told that it had stopped its activities. However, the good news was that another couple of young enthusiasts had re-opened under the name of "L'ivre de cuisine" (notice the wordplay). The experience was really a success: the setting is very pleasant, with a limited number of seats (about 24 I think), leaving enough space for privacy, the charming lady guiding you through the menu and the winelist, with sober and useful comments, an eclectic winelist (not cheap, but with two excellent house wines). The chef prepares a "plat du jour" for lunch: for 14€ we had a wonderful piece of beef with fries, a roquefort sauce and japanese mushroom, cooked just like we wanted it to be...
For those who want to wander through the menu, a blackboard announces the specialties of the moment, which are reasonably priced. To be recommended is the delicious cheese plate, which has become difficult to find in Brussels, as many chefs don't want to take the risk of leftovers.
The bill was very reasonable and certainly worth the expense if one considers the quality of food, wines and service.
I'll certainly come back with my wife for another culinary experience.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

L'Ivre de Cuisine is located in Ixelles, at a corner of a calm street. The restaurant has a simple but nice design. The tables are not too crowded so you have enough room for dining in peace.
The food was really excellent and imaginative. My friend choosed a crème brûlée with mushrooms as starter and I choosed the turbot with a risotto as main course. Everything was really fine and tasty.
The waitress was very welcoming and friendly.
I think we will go back there for sure.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Really exquisite dishes (not too many on the bespoke menu, just enough for everyone to find the ultimate starter, main course and dessert they're after), and an equally bespoke selection of wines, even the most affordable of which will blow your mind.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

My husband and I went with some friends for dinner recently and after much research my husband booked a table at this restaurant. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and seated outside on the terrace.

The menu is not too long and offers a variety of fish and meat dishes. I had the ‘carpaccio de saumon’ with grated beetroot as a starter and the Lotte (Monkfish) as a main course. Apart from being very tasty – the meal portions were nicely sized and beautifully presented. My husband had the ‘ravioli de scampi’ as starter and ‘filet d’agneau’ (lamb) as main course, both he and our friends thoroughly enjoyed their meal.

I would recommend the delicious ‘moelleux au chocolat’ for dessert.

Prices tend to be on the high side however this is in line with other ‘fine’ dining restaurants in Brussels.

As it is not a big restaurant so I’d recommend making a reservation and probably limit groups to 4 or 6 max. Our hostess was very friendly and very efficient – she knew what she was doing.

I found eating at this restaurant a great experience and I would definitely go back again.