2,533 results
All reviewsthe grand placenice hotelexcellent locationshopping arearecommend this hotelrue neuveseparate toiletnord stationgood sizespacious roomcity centreminute walkwi fivisit brusselsstar hotelconvenient locationcoffee machine
Reviewed 21 December 2012

As anyone knows it is all about room allocation on arrival so we can only give our experience.
Stayed for 5 nights from 15th to 20th December whilst visiting the Belgium Christmas Markets.
Faultless stay, excellent staff and room, high standard breakfast with a selection far above most hotels, can’t think of anything that could be added to the choice certainly enough variety to have something different each day.
Pleasant and helpful staff that cleared tables straight away.
Excellent housekeeping and room amenities.
Good location especially if you arrive by train to Brussels North station only 10 minutes walk.
Have stayed in many hotels and this is the best European one so far.
Would recommend this Hotel to everyone and would have no hesitation in booking a room with this hotel for any future visits.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Big thanks Steve for your top review!

It feels good to finish off the year with positive feedback of the Marivaux Hotel and we will look forward to your future visits in 2013!

All the best and kind regards from the Marivaux Team.

Sales Manger

Reviewed 14 December 2012

The Hotel Marivaux was quit easy to find, a walkable distance from railway station. The hotel was fully booked, and we had asked for a quiet room. We got a quiet room, but one which was old, dark, damp and cold. The electric kettle was dirty, and mattresses in the bed were in poor condition -a pain to sleep on such things that had springs pointing here and there. When we asked for another room, the answer was: "We already had so much effort to get you quiet room, there are no rooms, we are fully booked". Our stay was for two nights, so next morning we asked again for a change and we got a room that was completely different from the first one. There was light, it wasn't cold, and the beds were decent -it was actually quite nice room with a view to the street outside. The breakfast was ok, and for the rest of our stay the service was good

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank etl2010

Dear etl2010,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay at the Marivaux Hotel. I am sorry that the initial room you received did not meet your expectations and I apologize for this inconvenience. The housekeeping department has been informed of your comments as this is not up to our standards. I am glad our staff were able to help with the room move and I am happy to read that you liked your room on your second night.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 December 2012

During my last visit in Brussels I got the chance to try the Marivaux. This is a very nice hotel, very good location next to main trourist points. Reception desk very helpful and available. The room are very clean and has WIFI. This hotel has everything one needs for a 4 star hotel in the center of town. This will be my choice for future stay in Brussels (both business and pleasure).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear JJ :) ,

Thank you for your kind words! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and the Marivaux Hotel as a whole. Most of all, we look forward to your next visits in Brussels from Luxemburg!

All the best,

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I am giving this hotel the top rating, because for a 4 Star hotel it gave you everything.
The hotel is just 400yds from Rogier Metro station, which made it easy to get to. The location is only about 1/2 a mile from anywhere worth going to in Brussels.
All the staff speak English and are polite and Helpful.
We booked a Harmony room which was really very big. Bed was a Superking and the TV had 65 Channels of which 6 were in English.
Bath and a shower room were first class.
Breakfast was really very good with all options.
Only down side that it could get a bit hectic about 9am
Overall a very good hotel well worth a try.

Room Tip: Book a Harmony Room
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gary T
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Dear Gary_Norfolk,

On behalf of the Marivaux team, thanks for all the compliments and I even want to say: “keep them coming” :) I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and everything about the hotel so once again, thank you!

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to having you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2012

I was on a business trip in Brussels last week and I stayed at Marivaux. The room was was very clean, the staff was friendly. However, on checking out the person at the reception told me that I had to pay 1.05 euros for a telephone call. I told him that I had not made any telephone calls but he insisted that it was on the system . Since it was very early in the morning and i was in a hurry I didn't make any fuss and paid the bill. late on I checked the receipt and I found out that I had presumably called an unknown to me number. Probably the cleaning lady made her phone calls from my room. I visit Brussels quite often but I will seriously consider if I will stay in this hotel again. From a 4* star hotel I would expect to respect their clients.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
MarivauxSalesManager, Manager at Marivaux Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Mr. An627

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, and pointing out the problem you encountered upon checking out. I have verified your invoice, and indeed, the number that was called from your room was a Marivaux number. I am very sorry this number was not immediately recognized and would like to apologize for the inconvenience this must have caused. Could you contact me personally on: sales@marivaux.be, as to have your complaint on record, so it can be treated accordingly?

I would like to thank you for still pointing out the things you liked about your stay, the friendly staff and clean room, despite the mishap.

Please note that there is always a Manager available at Reception and do not hesitate to ask for him as he will be more than happy to help.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards,