“Très sympa!”
Review of Comme a la maison

Comme a la maison
Reserve with
Comme a la maison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 148 Restaurants in Waterloo
Price range: US$24 - US$94
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I have been there a few times in family and I have only good things to say about it. The food is very good, the owner/chef is extremely nice and the service is correct. Price ok. Cozy ambiance. Perfect for a lunch. Really don't understand the bad reviews!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Don't be fooled by the rather homely paintwork outside, this was the best escalope I can remember having for years - and everyone else thorouhy enjoyed their meals as well

Reviewed 5 February 2017

very friendly staff
we had no reservation and we waited at the bar until a table was available
my pasta with clamps wasn't smelling fresh and I had to return which was done in a friendly way by the waiter, also the new dish was questionable...
the ravioli of my wife was excellent
pasta of my daughter was average
maybe I was just unlucky that evening

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Thought it was expensive for what it offered. Food was well prepared and presented.
The restaurant was very cold. Admittedly it was cold outside, but I had to keep my coat on.

1  Thank newonline
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

Not worth it in my opinion, despite the accessible prices and the lack of options in the centre of Waterloo.

It starts with a blond barmaid/waitress (owner?) at the entrance which is everything but welcoming.

The lunch buffet is not good, and not Italian. Overcooked pasta, meat chicken dry and basic vegetable. How hard is it to find tasty Italian vegetable, even in the winter (cime di rape, radicchio, cicoria, ...)?

I first envied my friend who toke a lasagna instead of the buffet. This was until it arrived. It seemed and tasted very bad (for a lasagna). Same as you find in any random Belgian sandwich snack.