“Fantastic value in central location”

Leonardo Hotel Antwerpen
Ranked #30 of 72 Hotels in Antwerp
Reviewed 18 November 2010

The Leonardo was exactly what we hoped for at an amazingly good price. When I found it on line it seemed too good to be true - it wasn't. The rooms were huge with everything you'd expect. Having a fridge rather than a mini-bar was a bonus.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. When we arrived I noticed the shower in our room dripped. I mentioned this to reception and asked if could be fixed. She said someone would look at it and if they couldn't fix it they would move us. We went out for the afternoon and when we got back they had moved all our stuff to another room. I was amazed: I thought I would need to have chased for that.

The business facilities are great. There is free internet in the lobby on 2 PCs. While there can be a bit of a queue for these in the morning, they're usually free most of the ret of the time. There are also plenty of lounge areas for meetings and drinks are reasonably priced.

Tha garage beneath the hotel costs 15 Euros a night and is a bit tight to get into. It was great though not to have to lug our luggage around.

Its next door to the Central Station and close to one of the multiplexes and all the shops and restaurants, so fantastic location.

Only 2 downs: 1 - Getting there by car can be a nightmare due to Antwerp's tortuous one way system.
2 - Our room overlooked the main road so was rather noisy at night.

We're back in Antwerp on business again in January and have already reserved staying here again. It's the ebst value we've found in the city.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MatuliniNicky
There are newer reviews for Leonardo Hotel Antwerpen

Reviewed 10 November 2010

An absolute disgrace. Because of my schedule most of my contacts were with the night clerk, who was arrogant and surly and acted like he was doing the guests a favor by speaking to them. Early (5:30 a.m.) on the morning I left, I went to the lobby to get a cup of coffee and found a long trail of blood drops leading from the elevator to the front door. O.K. Things happen! But here's the worst part. A full hour later I went back down to the lobby to check out and THE BLOOD WAS STILL THERE! The night clerk was too lazy to spend 3 minutes with a mop to clean up that disgusting mess.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2010

I went to belgium with my husband and booked Leonardo hotel on the internet, I asked them for a special and nice double room, as it was part of our second honeymoon, getting there they gave us a room with 2 separated beds, we complained and instead they gave us a tiny, tiny twin room, so small that 2 people could hardly fit inside, we complained and asked to talk to the manager...untill today he never contacted us back. It's such a shame to give a mini twin room for a couple, completly desappointing. the breakfast was also very poor, we asked for eggs and they said they dont serve it...
If you travel for business and need a close to the train station hotel, it's OK, for couples...BEWARE...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2010

This hotel is a good choice if you want to be near the station (which is 20 mins. walking distance from the main sites, and 20 mins from shopping area). We came to Antwerp for a wedding and this was the cheapest and not dingy hotel we could find. Rooms are small but quite nicely done up. Decoration is basic but well chosen (if you ignore the scary angel heads decorating the bed area!). staff at reception was young and friendly. we have no complaints. We did not sign up for breakfast as there are plenty of cafes in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2010

This is now called Leonardo Hotel, had been here in 2005 as well and again stayed in the same hotel in April 2010. This hotel is situated in the centre of Antwerp, opposite its impressive Zoo. Located close to the Central Train Station

There was lot of renovation was going on during my last visit, so the place was bit messy..

The room was average & was with all old & used items. Hopefully things will improve after renovation!

And the place was not safe, some one broke into one of my colleagues room & robbed some valuable items.. So please do not keep anything in the room when you go out!

Breakfast was good but not worth the price.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business