“3 hours well spent on a bike” 4 of 5 bubbles

Antwerp by Bike
Ranked #1 of 24 Tours in Antwerp
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover Antwerp by Bike! On the 'Antwerp by Bike' tour, we take you for a 2 hour ride and show you all the highlights of Antwerp, like the cathedral, the Central Station and the MAS museum. Antwerp By Bike has more than 7 years of experience in offering high-quality bike tours. Our guides are well-known for their in-depth knowledge of the city and great story-telling skills (not to forget they love a good laugh as much as you do!) Our bikes are brand new and of high quality. So ... hop on the bicycle and discover Antwerp with us!
Gold Coast, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“3 hours well spent on a bike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2010

If you have limited time in Antwerp, I can recommend Antwerp By Bike. During my trip in mid August 2010, I paid 8 Euro plus 7 Euros for bike hire. My bike didn't come with a basket so make sure you bring a backpack and plenty of water, especially if you're visiting Antwerp in the middle of summer. I took the English speaking guided bike tour, and was luckily enough to be the only person for that tour. My guide (Ari) was very knowledgeable and attentive. I did the Green Tour which was very flat and suitable for all ages and levels of fitness. During the 3 hour tour, we casually weaved our way through the outskirts of the city, passing historical monuments, through locals streets, green parks and lush estates/tea rooms, with numerous information and photos stops, including a pit stop at a local pub where I was able to reward my efforts with some very tasty cherry beer. The 3 hour tour went very quickly, finishing back where we started, at Steenplein. Antwerp is a safe, bustling mini city, with plenty of shopping, bars, culture, history, buildings and architecture. Why would you want to travel underground or in a car where there is an abundance of visual pleasures above ground. Thanks Antwerp By Bike, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

6 Thank AndreaJA

Mont-Saint-Michel, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bicycle tour of Antwerp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

We were taken on a fantastic 3 hour tour of the lovely surrounding greener parts of Antwerp. The stops were evenly spaced out every few kilometres, and were situated at a variety of interesting locations. Not only was the guide knowledgable about the sites we visited, but he was also able to answer a vast range of questions, and had a great sense of humour. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Geuze
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“a great bike ride around Antwerp northern outskirts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

My husband and I were in Antwerp recently and decided to take this guided bike tour upon reading such great reviews and our expectations were not disappointed.
We went on the Green tour, the one around the port, the docks and the parks in the northern part of the city. The tour is about 20 km long and lasted about three and a half hours, but does not requires any particular physical challenge as the city is mostly flat and you also ride at a nice pace.
Ari, our lovely tour guide, is very knowledgeable and very, very passionate about his job. He showed the city's hidden gems, beautiful and interesting places we would have never visited otherwise.
I would recommend this tour to anyone!

4 Thank Stellina_uk78
Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tip for a bike trip in Antwerp, Belgium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

On a sunny Sunday afternoon we participated in a 3h biking tour around Antwerp. Our guide was well knowledgeable and kind of witty. Every few kilometres there was a stop: No boring long speeches about ancient histories, but a modern and lively talk on Antwerp facts and curiosities. The bikes were in good condition as were the roads we passed. Half way through the trip we stopped for a refreshing drink on a cosy terrace. We mostly visited less known spots in the city which were eye-openers for us.
A combination of healthy biking and visiting interesting places!

3 Thank Karo_V
UK
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A brilliant way to see so much of the city - and a bargain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2009

This bike tour was one of the best things we did in Antwerp! We were on the English tour (they also do one in Dutch) and our tour-guide was extremely knowledgeable about the city and spoke passionately about everything we saw. The route was interesting and covered far more ground than we could have hoped to cover on foot. I especially enjoyed visiting the outskirts of the city and riding through the beautiful shaded park trails.

The tour includes some beautiful views around the harbour, interesting architecture, beautiful woodland, parks and areas of new urban development.

For 12 euros each (less if you have your own bike) it was an absolute bargain. The tour takes around 3 hours and there is a drink stop in the middle. The tour guide kept to our pace and kept checking no-one was straggling or feeling too tired. I haven't travelled by bike for many years but found this manageable (mainly because Antwerp is so flat).

I thought the tour was really fantastic and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

3 Thank MissJDoe