All reviews central station free hot drinks breakfast room five minute walk two night stay secure parking comfy bed breakfast was excellent easy access the air conditioning city fixtures garage
Reviewed 13 June 2018

A great hotel. Although there were not many facilities available, we didn´t mind because most of the time we were outside and then all we needed was a comfy bed and it absolutely was! Room was open, nothing claustrophobic and beautifully furished. Staff was attentive and outgoing, a big satisfaction.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2018

I have stayed here before in december 2013. At the time it seemed like it could benefit from some minor touch-ups, and that opinion hasn't changed.

I was given room 213. It looked exactly like room 307 I had in 2013.
It was noticeable that no apparent investments have been made since my previous stay.
Still, it was a clean room and adequate for a single night.

Unlike last time, I did opt to have breakfast.
The breakfast hall is located in a sous-sol at the back, the only natural light is a large skylight, and is best described as functional.
The coffee machine provided a strong cup, a standard range of jams and cornflakes and other options were available but I preferred bacon and eggs this morning.
Nothing fancy but it'll keep you going till lunch.

Conclusion:
It doesn't have a wow-factor, nor does it go the extra mile, but the bed and bathroom are comfortable and clean. With that in mind, this remains an affordable 3-star near the station.

Room Tip: An inspection of the floor plan near the lifts show that all rooms at the back are exactly the same.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2018

The hotel is located near the central train, 7 minutes walking, in the Diamond district. Rooms were ok but very basic. No pictures on walls, no free water. Ran out of kleenex & toilet paper on last day, thankfully had some. Breakfast 10 euros but not bad, hot stuff, cold stuff breads and coffee machine, all self serve. Nice court yard on the lowest level, can smoke there. Ok for the price.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We were booked to spend four nights in the Eden Hotel but ended up checking out after two and moving to another hotel in the area. The hotel generally and our room in particular were filthy. There were coffee stains all up the wall in our bedroom, a nail sticking out the wall, chipped plaster, dust and hair on the floors, a piece of chewing gum stuck on the bathroom wall and a toilet cistern that would randomly start filling and draining noisily in the night.

We asked to move rooms several times and were always told no. I asked for a couple of spare pillows and was told it was unlikely they would be able to get me any - they finally showed up with one spare, however they were very poor quality, lumpy and unsupportive.

The room was so dusty that my husband and I both got bad sinus headaches which (coupled with the fact that we could not even move to another room) caused us to check out and move to another hotel at 11pm at night. The front of house staff are incredibly rude, unhelpful and patronising. We paid our city tax up front when we checked in at the hotel's request but then they refused to offer us a refund for the two nights we wouldn't now be spending with them at Hotel Eden. I was told there was nothing they could do and that I had to email management if I had a complaint. We ended up having to pay again at the new hotel we moved to.

Frankly the Hotel Eden was a very costly mistake that ruined our city break in Antwerp. We ended up paying in excess of £250 to move at short notice to another hotel but it was worth every penny to get away from the place.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessplove
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Reserved through booking service. Sadly misleading (parking advertised as free on booking service, asked for 20€ a night on arrival. This price is actually more expensive than the public parking nearby -18.50€\24h-, even for a guest staying for 2 weeks like me).

Customer service appalling at the front desk. Impolite, condescending to clients. Very unprofessional.

Room in half-basement, access from dim hallway. Small window, very dark. Stained floor, stained walls.
Stuck there for 2 weeks given advance booking. Already regretting it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business