“A delicious morsel of french”
Review of Pastis Den Haag

Pastis Den Haag
Ranked #90 of 1,523 Restaurants in The Hague
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Somewhat hidden the search for this location is worthy of the effort. Sublime French cuisine served by attentive wait staff. Full menu takes advantage of fresh fish options. Beef dishes done to perfection. We settled on French onion soup which was expertly prepared. One of the best we have had. You simply cannot miss with this choice.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We really felt like we were in a Paris café in this small intimate restaurant. People were chatting happily and yet the noise level was not extreme. The fare is French and well prepared. The staff is mega-friendly and you feel very welcome. We ate here twice and both times were great.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Took a chance to get a reservation as we have tried before with no luck. I don't think they take online reservations so I always have to call and I can get lazy about that. Interesting menu- very french, beef, duck etc. But also salads and fish and onion soup etc. We enjoyed all the food we had. I had a salad with bacon and a poached egg which I thoroughly enjoyed as it was light and not too filling. My friend enjoyed the langoustines and gamba special and the onion soup. We will go again for sure

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I have been here many times. The service, the food and the wine is always perfect. Pastis feels like a Paris bistro feels including good wine, the accessible menu with meals that will be all too familiar for somebody with a love for France. When the season for oysters is good, Pastis has them. And the steak tartare is heavenly. The owners set out to the best known wine regions to pick the wines on their menu and be able to tell you a thing or two about the wine your drinking. If you are lucky enough to get a table on a busy fridaynight or if you're seated at the bar, you will have a great night out. And have the wine arrangrment where the owners will choose wines that fit your menu. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

My wife and I came here for dinner on our first night in town on the recommendation of our hotel nearby. It was very busy and noisy, but the staff were very friendly and efficient. The food is typical of a French bistro and was very good. It is not the place to linger if you are just one or two people dining, but several tables of groups were obviously in for the night.