“Nice location but more a upscale backpackers place”
Review of Hotel One

Hotel One
Ranked #36 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
Nan Province, Thailand
“Nice location but more a upscale backpackers place”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We did stay here for 3 nights and it is that I was too lazy otherwise I would have looked for a better place. I still rate it as average because I did sleep good, the breakfast was good and the staff very friendly but otherwise it should be rated as poor.

Their web-site does not reflect reality and be aware that although the entrance & restaurant is located in a beautiful look old house the rooms are located above "Sumo" restaurant next door.

Their is very weird way of a very small & old lift and small hallways to the rooms with many doors. And once in the room you see that nice design and expensive materials still not make a good hotel room. Everywhere the finishing touch was of poor quality. Like bed-sheets that were not 100% clean, old towels and a damaged room-door.

Must be said again that the staff was very friendly and although the breakfast was simple it was good and fresh and just what I need.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed here because it was very close to the station, literally five minutes. The bed was very very comfortable, and I'm often uncomfortable on hotel beds. The room was very modern so I'd say the place has been done up since some of the reviews here. The bathroom was massive, unusually large for a hotel. The staff were friendly during our stay, we called and asked for some real milk and they brought us some. The location was good, it was easy to walk to the main shopping areas and it was nice to be along a canal. I would recommend this place and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I have made a resevration for a hotel near the rail station, indicated in various sites as a 3 ot 4 star hotel. it is on the limit of Chinatown, in a place where my taxi driver said not to go out in the night. the front of the hotel and the lobby are really miserable, dark, bad maintenance, ugly. My room was worse. i single roon filled by the bed, with a dirty carpet, noisy window on the tram, very small bathroom. the following night I escaped from the place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Rotterdam hotels

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is good value for money hotel when you have a good deal via inetrnet ( 70) Euro. Rooms are small but clean but TV and inetrnet works and bathroom has all you need.
It is good when you are in transit and need one night to sleep in Rotterdam.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Elsetravelling
New York
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Great hotel, nice, clean and overall not what we expected after reading all the reviews. To be honest we were dreading it but because it was booked by our firm we had no choice. I have to say we were pleasantly suprised. Dont always believe this negativity.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business