All reviews erasmus bridge great location number tram view of the river tram stop small room nice hotel excellent view across the bridge business trip walking distance mini bar public transport city centre hotel is situated cruise terminal central station
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 2 nights, room was ok, basic but everything you need, TV is pointless if you are from the UK , only 3 channels,BBC1 no signal so gave up

The room was ok, a bit of dust in places, mainly under the bed, but if we all looked under our own bed, what would we find?

As previous reviews, the bathroom is small, would be better to remove the bath and replace with a shower, you touch the toilet when at the sink, great if you are being ill !!

WiFi was good in the room, plus mini bar was reasonable

I highly recommend the onsite restaurant, very good quality of choice and meals , they also do a special set menu, good value

Breakfast was also good, plenty of choice

Reception staff very helpful

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Hotel-cmanager, Eric Slabbekoorn, General Manager at Thon Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your opinions about your visit to Thon Rotterdam Hotel.

We're pleased you enjoyed our quality food products at breakfast and dinner, and we welcome your kind mention of our Reception team.

In all our rooms, guests will find a TV with a wide variety of channels.

A member of our team would have been more than happy to assist you if necessary.

I hope to see you, again!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the Thon Hotel for two nights, it was good and the room was spacious.
The bed was comfy and the bathroom was large and had a big dispenser of shower gel and hand soap.
I didn’t appreciate that the cost of the hotel was taken including the breakfast and then if you didn’t eat there, they refunded you at the end.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Thon Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Sara,

Thank you for your valuable review.

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are happy that the room met your expectations and also thank you for appreciating our amenities.

Your comment regarding the breakfast price is duly noted. We would like to let you know that as per the general rule, the breakfast price is charged along with room price in most of the establishments.

We are sorry for any confusion and inconvenience caused please do not hesitate to let us know on the spot so that we can clarify your concern.

We look forward o welcoming you again. Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Stayed her for some nights on my worktrips to Rotterdam. The lacation is close to the city center. The Nieuwe Maas and the bridge Erasmusbrug are the closest neighbors. Breakfast is good, but some of the rooms was small.

Stayed: September 2017
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Thon Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Arild.

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Thon Rotterdam.

We are delighted to read that your time with us was pleasurable and that our breakfast was to your satisfaction.

As we do offer rooms of different sizes and categories, our team would be more than happy to assist you in selecting a larger room on your next stay with us.

Thank you for highlighting our scenic location, we are happy that you found it to be ideal.

We hope to welcome you in the future. All the best.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I have stayed several times in the Thon Hotel in Rotterdam and I will certainly come again.
That was why I was not pleased with the fact that I had to pay €10 an hour for a late checkout.
I don’t think that is very customer friendly, knowing that the hotel was not fully booked.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Thon Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Dien1950.

Thank you for the time you have taken to comment on your stay at Thon Hotel Rotterdam.

We would like to thank you for your loyalty: it is always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests. We introduced the system of paying by the hour for late checkout on request of our guests therefore providing the option to stay teh time preferred.

However, we understand your disappointment and will take the time to consider your comment when we are not fully booked and subject to possible unplanned arrivals.

We are pleased that our standards, location and facilities meet your high expectations of us.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. With our best wishes,

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I picked this hotel based on its price and location. Without any real familiarity with Rotterdam or the Netherlands in general, I picked it intuitively and the Thon met and exceeded my expectations.
The location turned out to be perfect - great harbor views and quick access to Metro stations, water transport and the graceful Erasmus Bridge. I'm a walker, and again things turned out right: Rotterdam is very pedestrian (and bicycle!) friendly! The sidewalks are well-kept and wide. There are also lovely waterfront pedestrian paths.
Room was smallish (typical of Europe) but had nice huge windows, updated furniture, effective A/C and a generously sized, modern bathroom. One quibble: a non-slip mat would have been great for the shower/bath unit. I had to use the grab-bars to ensure I didn't fall whilst showering and hurt myself.
Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I felt I was well taken care of throughout my stay.
Guest activity was quiet - most of the noise I heard was from outside - bridge traffic and trams.
The Thon deserves higher than their 4/5 average rating.
It's a solid value, well-located for jaunting around Rotterdam and taking everything in.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a view of the Erasmus Bridge (Erasmusbrug)
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Thon Hotel Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Aaron,

Thank you for such an excellent review and the top rating!

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time at Thon Rotterdam, and that we exceeded your expectations.

We are indeed located in one of the best spots in the city, in the heart of the Rotterdam with a lovely view of the fabled Erasmus Bridge and the Maas River.

We have taken note of your comment regarding the room size. We are glad that you appreciated the comfort of your room and found our hotel to be of good value. Your satisfaction with the quality of the service is our team's ultimate reward.

We are happy to hear that you felt so well taken care of throughout your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you for another pleasant stay.

Best wishes,