All reviews train station albert heijn room was clean one night excellent shower visiting leiden spent three nights minute walk coffee and tea booked this hotel per night on foot other hotels walking distance rotating tv amsterdam
Reviewed 19 December 2014

Nice hotel, everything was clean and the staff was really nice. The dinner and breakfast were also really good and well made.
But the bad thing is that you have to pay for the parking spot and was too expensive in my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2014

We stayed here for tow nights. I was worried about the noise from the traffic right outside, but we did not even here the cars. We were on the second floor in the older part of the hotel. The bathroom was clean and had all the necessary things. there we even earplugs. Plenty of room in the closet, the bed was good. there was only one small elevator, but most people took the stairs. The breakfast was 5 stars. Everything you might want to eat for breakfast was there. There was plenty, (even though the hotel was full and we ate in 3 groups) lots of hot foods, juice, milk .... and enough time to eat. Because it was so close to the train station, we didn't need a car. You can walk to town and visit all the attractions. (well worth it) We were allowed to leave our Luggage in the hotel after checking out and pick it up later. We will definitely stay her again.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annede99
Reviewed 31 October 2014

I recently organised a small event at this hotel. Reservation staff was extremely supportive throughout the booking and organising process. The meeting facilities were excellent, far superior to what you would normally find in a 3 star hotel. Hotel rooms were clean and simple , breakfast and lunch very good and abundant.
The location and the price were key in selecting this hotel: it is located in front of the train station, with a direct connection to Amsterdam airport, which was very important for us. However, the hotel is also very close to the lovely city center. Prices were almost half of what I could find in Amsterdam. We all enjoyed our stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Netherlands for business or leasure.

Reviewed 25 October 2014

I was in the Tulip Inn part of the hotel - there are also upgraded Golden Tulip rooms in another part of the hotel. My room was clean (apart from one grubby towel which evidently got missed) but the bed was soft - the mattresses were definitely old, although one side of the bed was better than the other. Serviceable but not luxurious. I faced onto the main road, which was busy and some road noise was heard through the double glazing. The double bed had two single duvets - one of my pet hates when travelling. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice at a self service buffet. Staff were universally pleasant and helpful. I would stay again, but would probably upgrade to the Golden Tulip rooms. Lieden is right on the doorstep and I want to return to see it in daylight when I'm not working! It looks beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road if you ar a light sleeper. Also check the towels are clean!
1  Thank lodesgymraeg
Reviewed 13 October 2014

The location of the hotel can't be beat; less than a 5 minute walk from the train station and adjacent to the historic area of the city. The hotel itself is adequate but not spectacular. Hotel staff were exceptionally helpful and were perhaps the best part of the hotel. My room was small and dark; the bed was just ok. The bathroom was surprisingly large but the shower stall was tiny (and I am not a large person). Nothing was provided in the room--no mini bar or even an iron. I'm not sure if my neighbors were particularly loud or the walls are very thin but I could hear everything that was going on in the room next door. Fortunately I wasn't in my room much. For one night the hotel is perfectly adequate.

1  Thank Zosia B