All reviews the ground floor steep stairs loft apartment gorgeous hotel lovely mix dutch stairs split level hot tub the main hotel charm and character highly recommend this hotel dutch experience breakfast was delicious lovely boutique short walk canal house big room
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Stayed their during the exceptional heat wave. They did their best in very difficult circumstances. The hotel is lovely, the staff are really natural and the breakfast was a great way to start the day. I like my coffee and when I asked for additional cups there was never an issue....thoroughly recommend...

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2018

This beautifully renovated canal house is in a perfect location along a quiet canal that is just a quick walk to the activity at the center of Leiden. My husband and I were delighted to be in Room 4, which was large and gracious and bright, a lovely mix of a modern room with a classic feel. Other family members with two small babies had a room on the ground floor that was smaller but had a garden access and split-level that made it nice for a family. Breakfast was in a pretty room with an excellent buffet spread as well as freshly-cooked items made to order. The general manager, Lorenzo, was terrific in making sure that everything went smoothly in our stay. He drove us to the beach one day, to a family party in the next town, and ultimately to the airport. His attentiveness and care about both his lovely hotel and the guests make this a place we would love to visit again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Receptie D, General Manager at Boutique Hotel Huys van Leyden, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Jackie,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. We did it with love. We also hope to see you back again in the future when you visit your ‘new’ Dutch family in Oegstgeest.

Kind regards,
HUYS VAN LEYDEN

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Fantastic place, interesting baroque style interior with all the necessary comforts. Great friendly personal service. Breakfast prepared the way you like and they even cooked us dinner on the weekend. It is a “family” affair so the shuttle car was driven by the mother. I don’t know if this is regular it could be extra service as we stayed there for 9 days. The extra service was greatly appreciated and I would highly recommend this special house to others.

Room tip: Only 5 rooms so book in advance
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Taylor,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and our personal service. Indeed, next to the a la carte breakfast and dinner, we also provide a shuttle service to and from the airport or other locations in our historical city. WE hope to see you again, should you visit Leiden in the future.

Kind regards,
HUYS VAN LEYDEN

Reviewed 24 May 2018

A fabulous stay here for 2 nights. Staff couldn’t be more helpful. Parking on site. Wonderful decor and 5* breakfast. Alex was so helpful and a pleasure to meet. Would love to revisit and cannot recommend this boutique hotel enough.

Room tip: Beautiful clean rooms. We had room 5 the only one with a balcony 😀
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 May 2018

We sadly only spent one evening here but we loved it. I wish we could've stayed longer but we were at the end of a biking tour. Three miles from the hotel I fell off my bike and broke my toe. When we got to the hotel, they arranged transportation for me to the emergency room and even gave me and my husband snacks and water for the long wait there. All of the staff seemed to know that I needed extra support and they were extremely helpful. We got to know the owner who is an angel! Their breakfast was satisfying and my husband loved the banana french toast. A great location and a fantastic hotel. I can't wait to return and spend more time there. Thank you, Lorenzo!

Room tip: There is no lift and the stairs to the top floors are really narrow.
Date of stay: May 2018