“Perfect gelato!”
Review of David's Gelato

David's Gelato
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Gouda
Reviewed 5 September 2017

This is really the best stop for ice-cream in town. Don't go to the other shops, this is the place to be for delicious ice-cream. Has a lot of varying flavours, including special ones like Thailand (pineapple, coconut and chili) or White chocolate and Rosemary.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The fact that this place is 100% the best place in Gouda sort of under scores how misleading TripAdvisor can be. I actually live in Gouda. A few hundred meters away actually. There is nothing wrong with this place but it is a sort of triumph of style over substance. It is funky selling garlic ice cream but the really decent ice cream is to be found at the place opposite the Mexican next to the Turkish Barber where I get my hair cut.

Top end of the market square.

It is also right opposite a pretty obnoxious "night club" Woodies. So over the weekend is stuffed full with obnoxious teenagers.

I avoid it personally.

2  Thank Trippingongas
Reviewed 30 August 2017

icecream is amazing...better than Italy :) pop in while strolling along the historical center and get yourself a cone...and you'll find yourself coming back for more

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We went to Gouda for the cheese market and my son wanted an ice cream as we went in. By chance, we passed David's Gelato (which was sweet as my name is David too). At 1.50 a scoop, the prices seemed steep but we got a massive scoop each. And how they tasted... local plum, yoghurt with honey and walnut and strawberry in which you could actually taste the strawberries. These were the tastiest and highest qualiy ice creams we had ever had.
In short, don't worry about the price - it's worth it!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

The gelato I tried was excellent and very reasonably priced. There was a consistent line of customers coming in which was a good sign. Great location with outdoor seating.