“The best place for lunch in Gouda!”
Review of Lunchcafe Juuls

Lunchcafe Juuls
Ranked #20 of 138 Restaurants in Gouda
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2018

It was a sunny day in mid-April and the terrace was already full so we sat inside where it was also pleasant. I ordered a house made tuna salad and my companion a healthy sandwich and we had coffees while we waited. Our meals arrived promptly and looked delicious. Another patron walking past our table saw my salad and starting pointing at it indicating to the staff that it was exactly what she wanted to order! Our meals tasted just as good as they looked. The prices were very reasonable given the quality and quantity of the food and excellent presentation. We especially liked the cereal bread which was crusty and warm. The staff were friendly even though very busy. I highly recommend Lunchcafe Juules!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Great place to grab some lunch in the center of Gouda with a view of the beautiful town hall. Good food and great service! Always come here when in Gouda and you shouldn't miss it either when in town.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Arrived here and ordered (for two people) two salads and a sandwich to share, then realised how big were the portions: we had to take the sandwich as a snack for later. Portions are big, their multi-cereal bread is delicious, the price/quality ratio excellent. And all this comes with a great concept (use of staff with permanent disabilities) and a very efficient and nice service. Wanted to go again on Sunday but it was closed.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

We stumbled upon this little gem in Gouda, looking to escape the cold and not intending to eat. When the waitress asked whether we had booked, we were a little nonplussed, but soon realised why. Within moments of us being seated the place became packed! Clearly the locals support this fabulous place. It is operated by mentally handicapped people who are charming, engaging and a lot of fun. Oh and the food was great! I had the camembert salad and my wife the sandwich of the week - both done superbly. Please do support this fabulous initiative and you will not be disappointed. Don't forget to book ahead!

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Rotgif
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I had been here before. But this time we were with a big group (24). Everything was well organized, the food was excellent and the service was warm and welcoming. I found I wasn't the only one who found my way there. Place was full of happy eaters.

Date of visit: October 2016