““Excellent & perfect location””
Review of Stayokay Dordrecht

Stayokay Dordrecht
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Dordrecht
Reviewed 20 May 2016

We stayed here for a night. Location of the hostel is too good, the night bar, the friendly staff & the morning breakfast was even better. The rooms were amazing with own showers, toilets & bag space.There's the chance to rent a bike daily and having discounts booking attractions in the hostel! In general i found the building clean and tidy.We loved our stay here.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the river
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 January 2016

My school rented rooms for us to stay at Stayokay for two nights. I got a room for four people and slept on a bunk bed. The bed was very noisy, felt bad for my roomies every time I moved. I also didn't really like how the towels and soap were not provided, we had to bring our own. The washrooms in the common areas were not well-maintained, and there were 70 of us classmates staying there for the seminar. Wi-fi was very weak which was frustrating since we were there because of business matters. The patio and kitchen were the only things I was happy about.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2015

We used this as a stopover from Dunkirk to Amsterdam. The Hotel was as it said. We arrived at 11am we paid and were checked in as such but told room not ready until 3pm ( this we were aware of ) The young lady at reception Jayda was very friendly and went out of her way to help us with local directions. We followed these and had a marvellous afternoon in Rotterdam as well as driving round a couple of little villages.
Near the Stayokay is a go kart track and laser tag place .12 mins on track for 15 euros.
We checked in at 7pm and were handed linen to put on our beds and told to bring this down on checkout. There are no towels provided. Our room was a quadruple with a bunk bed and two singles. Internet but no TV .It was large and spacious but basic. Breakfast was included and was a regular basic continental.
The hotel was peaceful and tranquil with some super walks by it. The colours of the trees were stunning and there is a river which runs along the back . There was parking for the car which we needed.
For our needs this was a fabulous place to stay and I must commend Jayda as a great employee.She is just one of those people who make a difference . Thankyou .

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I felt very unwelcome at this hostel, particularly by the young lady on reception. ( wonder if it was because I'm a middle-aged man and there was a large group of girls in the hostel ) I was told there were no rooms available but that I could use one of the " special " tents in the grounds for €59 ! The only thing " special " about the tents was that they are for a group of people . I pointed out that I had my own tent . As I was filling in my details of the bookin-in card I was asked if I would like to have the BBQ that evening. I hesitated but then agreed . I was then told that it would be £15 , which I think is a bit expensive for a group BBQ . But wanting to be sociable I agreed to pay. I was told that between 6 & 7:30 I was to present myself to reception and they would show me where the BBQ was. I reported to the warm & welcoming reception ladies . One of them took me into the very noisy canteen, then presented me with a plate which had on it two thin slices of pork-belly ( cheap ) a burger ( cheap ) and two raw kebabs ( not sure what meat they were they tasted of nothing ) . The chef brought out a plate of fries to me with a bowl of distinctly unimaginative salad . That was it ! I was left to cook the meat myself. Luckily I talked to the adults who were cooking the BBQ food for the children. They offered me some of the meat they had left over but quite frankly , I'd had enough bland food for one night . I had to ask for a lolly-ice for dessert and only found the fruit by accident.
To top off such a wonderful stay , in the morning I was told that I couldn't eat indoors but I was welcome to use the benches at the front of the hotel. It was an unusually cold morning ( about 10-11c I'd say ). I felt like a leper ( or maybe a paediphile ) being made to sit outside in the cold .
DO NOT stay here if you're a single male , you'll be made to feel distinctly unwelcome. I actually felt so dejected that I cancelled my cycling trip to Basel , returned to hoek v holland and caught the ferry home the same day. Thanks for the warm welcome stayokay, you should be proud of yourselves!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Cycle2eats
StayokayDordrecht, Manager at Stayokay Dordrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear sir,

I read your review on tripadvisor and I would like to apologize to you for the way we made you feel unwelcome.
As the hostelmanager I could have been contacted that night in a very simple way so that your complaints about staff and diner could have been solved that night. With these inconviences cleared I am sure your would have enjoyed your stay in our hostel.

I feel it is my mistake that my members of staff did not see your dissatisfaction en could not give you the warm welcoming feeling that is one of it's foundations of Stayokay.

The hostel that night was fully booked because of the young gymnasts and other guests. We have hosted this group for may years and always find a pleasant way to mix different kinds of groups in our hostel . More men traveling alone stayed in our hostel that night. Unfortunately a lot of guests had booked private rooms so that there was no room available to host you in our hostel.
The offered alternative, the safaritent, each are equipped with good boxspring beds, chairs, table and refrigerator. They also provide basic kitchen utilities. This could have been explained to you in a proper way by our receptionist.

Your review helped me instructing my staff that was wordking that moment how to be hospital in fully booked situations, helpful and open for any criticism. Also your experience will be used in our next staffmeeting where complaints are to be discussed.

Again I apologize for your inconvenient experience, please contact me so I can make you a suitable proposition.

Kind regards

Marco Verdouw
Hostelmanager Stayokay Rotterdam & Dordrecht

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This hostel lacks the basic facilities you need from a hostel. They do not provide towels, do not provide a kitchen, the rooms are really basic with no soap or basic facilities. If you dont have a car you are forced to pay for their food and drinks since they do not provide a kitchen and there are no other options nearby. Then when I ordered a glass of wine from the bar, the glass was barely a quarter full! (Avoid being served by the older lady who gives particularly small portions) The rooms are noisy and you will hear everything going on in the room next to you. Avoid this hostel!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
StayokayDordrecht, Manager at Stayokay Dordrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hostel.
We are always trying to serve all of our guests in the best possible way.
Therefore I am very sorry that you had a negative experience in our hostel.
I have discussed your review in our management team and we have taken maesures to prevent these misunderstandings in the future.

Most of your exeriences could have been solved by getting in touch with our receptionstaff. We provide towels and diffrent kinds of soaps at our receptiondesk. Different kinds of public transport are available from our location and special transport is at hand.

Stayokay hostels do not provide kitchenservices, therefore we offer different types of meals in different price ranges.

As to the amount of wine that is served I have intructed our barpersonell to all serve the same amount of wine. Our Barmanager will see to it that this will be executed each serve.

Again I would like to appoligize for your unconvenient stay.
Could you get in touch with us? This so I can make you a suitable proposition.

Kind regards