All reviews nice hotel business hotel coach party perfect location scrambled eggs business trip hotel is situated comfortable bed fi city
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Everything was good. Room was modern style and clean. Polite staff, free wifi - all for a really good price.
Nice in-house restaurant and bar area - with a limited (dinner) menu but therefore - and more important - interesting meals with all fresh ingredients. Overall very good

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Our room in the hotel was a standard room with a two separate beds. The room was basically equipment. Not cozy. Coffee and tea faciltities to be paid (5 euro). It was autumn but heating was off.

Bathroom standard and clean. No amenities.

Breakfast buffer was a bit chaotic. Coffee machine out of order. Staff ignorant and busy with themselves.

Interesting Parking setting. The prime space is allocated for training staff. Other guest have to look for parking space further away

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located 3.5km outside Amersfoort - so not close to the historic centre as claimed at all. It is an ugly 1960s pre-fab concrete structure located in pleasant woodland, and suffers from poor investment, poor management and excessive over-pricing. First impressions on entry to the lobby are absolutely fine, until you begin to look closely.

The plus points first:

+ Decent sized rooms
+ Good black out
+ Free fast Wi-fi (8 mpbs)

That’s about it. Now the negatives:

- Dirty, shabby rooms. I changed mine 3 times (see below) which is something I’ve never done before
- Stains on filthy old carpets, bathroom taps caked in limescale (see photos)
- Worn out communal parts (see photo of threadbare carpets on the stairs) with stains covering dining room chairs (see photo)
- Tiny Lift (one person plus case) that kept stopping working
- Over hot rooms with a tiny window to open and the air-con switched off centrally presumably to save money. Therefore a terrible night’s sleep
- Expensive basic breakfast. The quality of the times was fine; the selection was limited to bread, cheese, ham, packet yoghurt, cheap juice, self-serve coffee, and 2 cereals. Absolutely no frills for €12.50 per person
- the cheapest of fittings everywhere in the bathrooms and bedrooms; 2 star standard, not 4 star
- no fridges in the rooms
- soft saggy beds and the cheapest sheets and artificial polyester bedding
- painfully slow inefficient check in with a huge wait
- non locking opaque glass bathroom doors which give your room mate a nice back lit view of you using the toilet

If the hotel were charging €50 a night none of this would be bother as much - but my bill for an “executive” room came to €167 for one night because of €25 extra for 2 breakfasts and a very steep €30 extra for 2 dogs. Their presence involved absolutely no extra cleaning; €5 or €7 each would be more like it.

That’s €167 for a dirty, shabby, ugly, basic hotel miles out of the city centre with a sub-IBIS standard breakfast. It is simply grossly overpriced.

Finally we come to dishonesty. I’d booked the better grade of room because the standard ones look like they haven’t be refurbished in 30 years (having been in one; they haven’t). I then asked for a ground floor room, so they down-graded me to a standard room but without offering me a reduction in price.

I complained and was given an executive room. I was told that although I had booked a room with “bath and balcony” in fact the hotel has none of these and routinely lies on booking.com that they do. The first executive room looked absolutely nothing like the photos on the net and was truly filthy - with bad stains all over the carpet. I again complained and was given an okay (but over hot and basic) executive room that did look like the photos.

The hotel is one of 75 hotels in the Fletcher chain in the Netherlands. I can confidently say I would never set foot in another based on this experience. It is the Dutch mentality at its worst: trying to wring every penny out of you whilst providing the least possible in terms of service and investment.

Avoid.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank PeterEde7
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Staying for a week during my business trip never feel boring because of the pleasant atmosphere in the room, lobby and restaurant. The hotel is located in piaceful location with good river view. All staff are friendly and attentive. The dinner in restaurant is impressive with tasty menu and reasonable price. A small corner to sell lovely gifts is interesting! This hotel make me feel at home. I will be back again for sure!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I had heard good things about this hotel from our Dutch relatives so I was excited to stay there. We arrived about 8 and received a cool reception it seemed because we don't speak Dutch. The room was on discount, and it showed. No coffee, tea or kettle in the room. the room was dark, dingy and small. I don't mind older hotels, but the bathroom, in particular the shower, wasn't particularly clean. I'm glad we got the hotel at a discount because it certainly isn't worth anything more than half price. You either have to pay for the exorbitant price for breakfast or go out. It is impossible to order a la carte. i wouldn't go back. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

Date of stay: September 2017