“Best Brownies in Amsterdam ”

San Francisco Sandwich Company
Ranked #1,449 of 4,561 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Tucked away on a quiet side street off the busy Nieuwemarkt, this tiny eatery is big on American style breakfast/lunch fare. All the baking is done on site by owner Lasse, who knows flavor and nutrition, offering gluten-free options. Great muffins, bagels, and the BEST brownies in Amsterdam! (I’ve tried them all over the city and no one else comes close!) More reasonable prices than the more well known spots nearby, so well worth checking out! But not really for large groups. Lasse is a culinary one-man band. And now I need to get back there for my brownie fix! Maybe tomorrow!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We found this place when we were walking around the area, decided to have breakfast; we had great food & freshly squezed orange juice. And an enjoyable chat with the owner. Highly recommended

Reviewed 16 April 2017

This small, lovely place is on my list every time I am in Amsterdam. The sandwiches and especially cakes are always fresh and delicious. I would highly recommend trying any of the cheesecakes. They are the best I have ever had. The owner is an incredibly friendly guy, who is up to offer a relaxed culinary delight to every person entering his cafe.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

After desperately walking for hours round Amsterdam trying to find somewhere that serves gluten free food we came across this place.
The guy who runs it was absolutely lovely and very accommodating helping us find other restaurants close by that serve gluten free food. The food we bought here was delicious and fairly priced and we were all highly satisfied!
Absolutely great for a small lunch time snack or breakfast.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Great food and super friendly owner Lasse! Was having breakfast there every morning! Food and great company is all you need!!!!

1  Thank sasukaamsterdam