“Amazing hummus and pitta!”
Review of De Hummus House

De Hummus House
Ranked #211 of 4,619 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Stumbled across this place trying to find a place to eat dinner and im so glad! It is only small and gets very busy but thankfully we got a seat. The hummus is by far the best ive tried and the toppings are amazing. The pitta bread is also incredible and highly recommended. Unfortunately I would love to say the staff were also as great but this only applies to the Portuguese chef.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

The food was awesome. Amazing humus with very nice little mezze also. The place is very small and it gets quite full, so I advise arriving early. When we left the place was packed and they were struggling to keep up.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

This place was busy, cosy and delicious! We got hummus and a tapas to share, it was more than enough and the pitas are insane! Super filling and every dish we has was so tasty.
Our pittas came well before the food but they had constant takeout orders to fulfil and we weren’t in any rush so it was fine.
Around €20 for two drinks a topped hummus and 3 piece tapas.
It was excellent and would return in a heart beat, a must try for sure

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We popped here for a late lunch one rainy Monday afternoon and were very pleased we did. Tables and seating is arranged around the open kitchen creating a friendly, almost homely, atmosphere. The chef and waiting staff added to the relaxed vibe of the place. I chose the Shakshuka (a dish I fell in love with after my first visit to Israel) while my partner had the mixed vegetables. We also shared a plate of hummus and bread. The food was excellent, as good as you'll find in the Middle East. The complementary pickles, garlic oil and spicy coriander dip were welcome additions. Do pay this place a visit. You won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Mashnair
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Stay away from this place one of the staff wanted to fight me when I complained about the long wait!

Date of visit: November 2017