“Excellent Middle Eastern Cuisine - Great Prices & Service”
Review of d&a hummus bistro

d&a hummus bistro
Reserve with
d&a hummus bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 4,561 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Description: Mediterranean soul food & drinks made with passion and love. cozy atmosphere and smily service. lots of vegetarian and vegan options.
Reviewed 28 February 2017

The atmosphere here is casual but the food is exquisite. Definitely try the combination platters offered here as they give you a glimpse into the quality and taste of the different dishes. We loved the Roasted Eggplant which had a tahini dressing on it. The salads are huge and sharable. The Baba Ganoush is tasty and creamy and the Lebane is wonderful - creamy and great with warm pita bread. The Hummus comes with different toppings including meat for the meat lovers - absolutely wonderful!!!

Service is great - even if it is crowded, you get served promptly! My daughter lives in Amsterdam and this was the second time we have been here! I look forward to coming here again and again!!!

This place is also a vegetarian delight - offering many meatless choices.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Small and friendly with relaxed atmosphere. Fabulous quality, generous portions. Best falafel and hummus I ve ever had. Falafel crispy outside soft centre and hummus incredibly smooth and tasty.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Very friendly and cosy restaurant. Food was fast and delicious. 10/10 highly recommend. I was very pleased!!

Reviewed 23 February 2017

First of all, the hummus here is out of this world (duh!). But beyond even the hummus, all of the food we tried (and we tried mostly all of it) was divine. This was our first dinner during my husband and I's trip to Amsterdam, and every night we wanted to go back. The wait staff was incredible and you could see the cooks in the open kitchen having a blast and loving making great food. It was a bohemian/artsy vibe with mismatched plates and glasses and even the furniture felt like it came from the coolest antique shop around. Everyone there seemed happy, and I can't help but think it was just a fun and inviting environment that made people more jovial! I will definitely be here again on my next visit to Amsterdam!

Reviewed 23 February 2017

It is the 3rd city, where we decided to try Hummus - sadly this one was disappointing.

We ordered day's or chef's special and some 3Trio. Hummus was very simple *yes You can't expect to get New York steak by ordering hummus). Sadly but the ''fresh'' bread was also some kind of tasteless. Other sauces or how You call it were little bit more tasty, but still far away from what I ate in Alicante (Mish Mish) or in Budapest (Hummus Bistro). The last thing - lemon/ginger tea, yes You are right slice of lemon with slice of ginger and hot water..tasteless.

The only really tasty thing was Falafel, big + for that.

The place is a longer walk from tram stations, is it worth it? I doubt it.

Was my review helpful? Vote for it!